I have a product idea for Surefire. Should I bother?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to have the ability to add multi-colored LED capability to any existing Surefire light, particularly C/P series lights. My idea is to create tailcap that has these LEDs' (red, blue, Y/G, white) embedded in the SIDES of the tailcap in the 12-3-6-9 positions facing outward. The tailcap would still have a pushbutton on the end to activate the main lamp. To activate the LEDs, there would either be a UI with the tailcap button switch (not the way I'd like it) OR a separate ring around the circumference of the tailswitch where you turn it and line up a "mark" under the LED you want to light up, and the points in between LEDs' would be off. There should be detents so you can feel it as your turning the ring. Somehow this would have to run off the main batts and I admit I don't know how. The reason I would have them face out toward the sides is so you could set the light bezel down and have a light to shine on something like a map, etc. Also, with alot of these lights now, you hold them in your hand with the thumb on the button, therefore, if you want a low power colored light, you can simply use your thumb and forefinger to turn and activate the desired emitter. This would also allow you to have the light "at the ready" if needed, since you could just slam your thumb back down on the main button for the main light in a hurry.

I see those tiny emitters in the glo-toob and such and can't see why that wouldn't work.

Waddya think?