Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EDC 85P

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • EDC 85T

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sbebenelli

Enlightened
Thought it would be interesting to see what version NovaTac light was the most popular and why you chose it.

I chose the EDC 120P. One of the main reasons was I wanted the flush tailcap & I chose the 120 because I wanted the brightest offered.

Last edited:

hivoltage

Enlightened
I chose the Normal 120 as opposed to the tactical because I wanted the option to torn the light on without the momentary. If the Tactical has a constant on in addition to the momentary I would change my purchase. Can anybody confirm this. I really would like a momentary in addition to an on switch.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I ordered two, so you should really make this poll multiple choice...and I should be more carefull when voting, because I voted for the "basic 120" when in reality I ordered the 120-P and the 85-P. :ohgeez:

CFU

sbebenelli

Enlightened
Well, I ordered two, so you should really make this poll multiple choice...and I should be more carefull when voting, because I voted for the "basic 120" when in reality I ordered the 120-P and the 85-P. :ohgeez:

CFU

I can't change the poll now that there are votes on it. Unless I'm missing something :confused:

big beam

Enlightened
I am thinking about getting one of these lights or the new L1.But I think I'll wait until the reviews start to roll in on them.
Don't want to make a mistake these lights come dear!!
DON

SoundMix

Newly Enlightened
Not ordering until I know what is going on between HDS and NovaTac. And....I need a review before I buy anything!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the 85P because of the very attractive price. My HDS B42 XRGT is my hiking light of choice. The setting I use mostly on the trail when it gets dark is 21 lumens. So if the 85P doubles that runtime that will be very cool for me. With the 85P I will get double the output and strobe features for entertaining myself at other peoples expense! The 120P looked attractive but I didn't feel it was worth the extra $40. I used the $40 to get a Cree drop in for my 6P from BugOutGear USA. So now I have, or will have when the 85P ships, 2 really bright small lights.

kelmo

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I chose the Normal 120 as opposed to the tactical because I wanted the option to torn the light on without the momentary. If the Tactical has a constant on in addition to the momentary I would change my purchase. Can anybody confirm this. I really would like a momentary in addition to an on switch.

I would think it's a forward clicky with a momentary on feature.

carrot

Flashaholic
If the clicker is like the HDS EDC, then it is just that. It is not a forward clickie, it is not a reverse clickie, but it is a button that controls the electronics inside. For momentary you press and hold for longer than an insignificant amount of time, and for clicking on you just press and release like you would on a normal flashlight.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get a Programable, you can set it up anyway you like. Make it just like a tactical or a normal if you must. You only have to do it once. I've only done it twice. The second time because I swapped to a SSC P4 and everything got a lot brighter.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no experience with a programmable light, and therefore would not know what to do with one. So, I ordered the 120T, as THAT seemed to suit my needs just fine!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
got me a 120p coming can't wait. TKC. dont worry i am not very good at high tec stuff and i programmed mine just the way i liked it in no time:)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no experience with a programmable light, and therefore would not know what to do with one. So, I ordered the 120T, as THAT seemed to suit my needs just fine!
You read the instructions and go to town. The instructions are very good. There is an entire page dedicated to turning the light on and off.
Oh wait, maybe that not exactly a selling point :nana:
The P's will have higher resale value though. And you could always ignore the programmable aspect.

Sakkath

Newly Enlightened
What is a "flush tailcap" i can't seem to find any good anfo on there site..

DM51

Flashaholic
What is a "flush tailcap" i can't seem to find any good anfo on there site..
It means it's flat - the button doesn't stick out, so you can stand the light on its tail. If you look at the pics of it and compare it to the "T" model, you'll see on the "T" the button sticks out but on the "P" it doesn't.

BTW I'm relieved you can't find any anfo - it's dangerous stuff.

Sakkath

Newly Enlightened
It means it's flat - the button doesn't stick out, so you can stand the light on its tail. If you look at the pics of it and compare it to the "T" model, you'll see on the "T" the button sticks out but on the "P" it doesn't.

BTW I'm relieved you can't find any anfo - it's dangerous stuff.

Thanks for the reply! :wave:

The P model can tailstand? I really like that feature!

Though i preordered the T one, will have them change it to P instead!