Getting ready for Surgery

kc2ouf

Newly Enlightened
I'm having shoulder surgery this week and will have my arm out-of-service for about 3-4 weeks.

It may sound silly, but I've been practicing doing everything with the other hand :whistle:(like unlocking Gladius, taking other EDC"s out from right (non-dominant side, etc.)

We are having frequent power disruptions here - hopefully things go smoothly.

Anyone have a similar story?

Pete in Staten Island

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was 13, a schoolyard bully shoved me to the ground and I broke my right arm. (I'm right-handed, naturally.) It was a bad break and had to be in a cast for seven weeks.

My school teachers took pity on me and didn't grade my papers hard when they couldn't read my illegible left-handed writing. I couldn't even type!! (Well, I could, but very very slowly, even though I could touch type 35-45 WPM at that age.)

You know what one of the most irritating things was? Not being able to tie my shoes!! My school was two miles from home, and I usually rode my BMX bicycle. So I had to walk, and during the trek my shoes would become untied from time to time! Do yourself a favor and get some of those "Kangaroo" Velcro shoes hahaha.

Good luck on your surgery dude, I'd bring you daily care packages if we were neighbors.

DM51

Flashaholic
There is one thing in particular which you definitely need to practice with the other hand before your surgery, as you won't want to have to ask anyone else to do it for you afterwards. In case you haven't already guessed, it is something you need to do daily, shortly before raising yourself from a seated position and pulling your trousers back up.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck on your surgery. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.