This is too damn confusing!

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Man, I just became proficient navigating the old CPF. I'm so confused, I have no idea how to use this. Is this working?....hello...

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definately confusing, but in the long run it will be nice. I think I liked the old color scheme better though.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Old color scheme will eventually be back. It just hasn't been programmed in yet, I don't know about you but I'll take a few days of CPF with a bad color scheme over a few days without CPF!

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I keep expecting to find the "reply" button at the bottom of all the posts, not the top of the last post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
The straight Blue looks great -especially when reading the individual posts. Interestingly enough, the contrast is Not quite as good when looking at the list of postings.IMO-the absolute worst choice of colors (on my browser, at least) is the Infopop-extremely Poor contrast, so I sure wouldn't recommend that one!Overall, I find this new set-up is also faster to use than the old one. For instance, I was able to scan about 6 hours worth of (relevent interest) posts in just under an hour. -gotta give this remodeling job a big thumbs :up: Here's my M.O.:1. go to index2. scroll down to last 24 hours3. hit "Next" button -it takes you backwards in time.4. speed scroll to bottom of each page until you reach the end of where you left off yesterday. <font color="brown"> </font> p.s.-I'm also very happy that my little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif man is back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just changed my preferences....didn't even know I could /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I think I'm going to like this new look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Just changed my preferences....didn't even know I could /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I think I'm going to like this new look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That guy rocks TOO FAST. It looks like he's having a seizure... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
replying to Onyx\'s post

Eeek! I was gonna say that we should be putting all these posts in a single thread... but it'll calm down soon enough.

I agree with onyx that it is a bit tough to find the reply button - but the reason is the threaded scheme. You can reply to a post OTHER than the last one, and go off on a tangent - if that's what you enjoy doing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif So you're actually replying to a specific post now, not the thread in general. At least that's what I assume.

This reply is an example of replying to a post OTHER than the last one. Now I can't figure out how to set my view for this to "threaded" globally. I've set it in my profile. bit I still get the threads flat by default. Hmmm.

Empath

Flashaholic
Re: replying to Onyx\'s post

I don't know, Darell. I just changed my default, and it's carrying through properly. I'll probably go back to flat though, since I prefer not to open each message individually. I'll use the 'thread' option at the top to see the relationship.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too shabby, so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am going to miss the "Spell Check" and the ability to search by member#, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I also find it disconcerting that the program tattles on me when I use "Edit" to change the grammar of a sentence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif All in all, the changes have made the various functions much faster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I also miss the spelling.. and unless Sasha has changed it, you have to edit within 3 hours of posting; not enough time in my o...
I haven't discovered anything going off on a tangent yet, sure hope I don't, that would over-tax my feeble mind..

..also, I see a check/uncheck box for edit 'tattling' ...

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Re: Threads and how they might work

Hello Darell,

I think that in order to make threads work, we will have to remember to change the subject line before we reply. Otherwise you get a whole bunch of

Re: rplying ton Onyx's post

I changed the subject on this reply so you can see what I mean.

Tom

SurefireM6

Enlightened
I hope no one took it the wrong way, I appreciate all the effort put into this forum. I was just expressing my inadequacies of adapting to new things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Tomas

Banned
Still missing the \"X Most Recent\" posts

Well, I like the look of the new UBB software, I like the ability to reply to specific posts, I like the ability to instantly swap from flat to threaded and back, I like the ability to re-title one's post to make it clearer.

But having just spent a half hour reading over a dozen pages of post titles to try to catch up on what had been posted since I was last logged on, and still not knowing, I really miss the quick and dirty "Last 50" of the old software.

I've tried each different way of looking at things, flat, threaded, collapsed, not collapsed, whatever, in trying to get a list of what has changed in the last 8 hours without having to open each forum and looking at the post times.

The little lightbulbs don't really help: If I finish reading the posts I intend to (not all of them) the only way to reset the bulbs is to mark them ALL read, but in so doing any that were posted since I stared my read are marked and missed. *sigh*

Anyway, has anyone else come up with a way to quickly tell what has happened recently in all the forums? I haven't yet.

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
How to tell what has happened recently!

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, has anyone else come up with a way to quickly tell what has happened recently in all the forums? I haven't yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomas,
In the middle of the bottom of the Main Index Page, there is a section called 'View recent messages' and below are link for the last 24 hours, etc. This is the easiest way I have found to see what is happening forum wide.
Pat

Empath

Flashaholic
Re: Still missing the \"X Most Recent\" posts

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone else come up with a way to quickly tell what has happened recently in all the forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can edit your preferences to show categories instead of forums. The columns on the right will show you how many new threads and new posts have appeared. It updates in real time, if you click on the 'Main Index' button at the top. So, even if you've just finished reading everything, you know if new ones appeared while and after you were reading others.

Once you learn the nuances of it, the old way couldn't hold a candle (or torch, flashlight or whatever) to it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif