Energizer 2AA Sams 80 lumens

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Just saw 2AA Energizer flahslight at Sams. There are 2 in a package for $29
They claim 80 lumens. It does not say the runtime, it does not say what LED: Luxeon or Cree. They have a clicky at the end of the light. Rubber armored. Anybody seen them?
Input appreciated.

Chris

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I don't have the light, but I think I've seen it at Target. I doubt it's 80 lumens, probably closer to 40. And, it would be a Luxeon. That price sounds pretty good. Seems like it was close to that for one at Target.

Geoff

vader

Newly Enlightened
Costco now has 3-AA 85 Lumen headlamps, that were originally from River Rock. Now they have a Rayovac badge on them.

I wonder if these new lights at Sams are the 75 Lumen River Rock lights that you can get at Target.

Are they Camo ?

Spectrum

Newly Enlightened
You should try a pack. Here's my post from a few days ago. Now my favorite light, and best I have seen in a long time. Closer to 60 lumens than 40 (eyeball):

Energizer AA 2-packs at Sam's Club: $28
Bought a pack of these last week - sorry, no pics. Come two to a pack, with 4 batteries for $28 and change. This time, they have done it right (referring to the Element - a great light, but the AAA battery carrier was it's achilles heel.) The writing on the packaging says 80 lumens - probably optimistic. However, I will say that in my highly scientific "shine into the woods" test, they have reach and brightness second only to my LED-Beams. Uses two AAs inserted into tailcap. Clickie tail switch. Beam is somewhat focusable - best results are obtained at tightest focus, with small hotspot and usable spill beam. Rechargeables give a very usable bright light - I can't tell how much less if any than alkalines. The packaging does not mention lithiums. With such a high output, I assumed these lights would be hard on the batteries. I decided to take some really spent AAs out of a first generation LED light that lives in our entertainment center shelf, which is only bright enough to illuminate the TV and DVD remotes. I wanted to see if the old batteries would light up the Energizer AA at all. To my surprise, these made the Energizer AA light shine at near full brightness - no comparison to the dim output of the old LED light.

Pros:
-AA Batteries
-Cost $13/each
-Work well with rechargeables
-Smaller and shorter than other AA lights
-Focusable
-Clickie tail switch
-Solid all-metal construction, well built

Cons:
-No lanyard attachment
-Rolls on flat surfaces

Jaz

Newly Enlightened
Interesting thread...

Six posts and everybody's talking about something different.

Not sure about everyone - apart from me, it looks like they're all talking about the same thing (to me, anyway).

:thinking:

Last edited:

jdawz

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Just saw 2AA Energizer flahslight at Sams. There are 2 in a package for $29
They claim 80 lumens. It does not say the runtime, it does not say what LED: Luxeon or Cree. They have a clicky at the end of the light. Rubber armored. Anybody seen them?
Input appreciated.

Chris

I bought each of my kids the 3 AAA version, incredible bang for the buck-I buy into these being very close to 80 lumens. I cannot vouch for the 2AA model.