• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB : modded M@G - high output for fair price

nitnapz

Enlightened
if you can piece one together or have one lying around that you think that i would have some fun with please give me a shout or PM and we could maybe discuss a price for your efforts or good/s

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
Do you have an idea of what you are looking for or what it might be used for? eg., minimag, C or D sized. Hotwire or LED. Do you want it to run on alkaline or NiMHs or is Li-ion an option? It might help to generate some responses.
PS: Welcome to CPF and hold on to your wallet :)

Last edited:

nitnapz

Enlightened
Do you have an idea of what you are looking for or what it might be used for?

eg., minimag, C or D sized. Hotwire or LED. Do you want it to run on alkaline or NiMHs or is Li-ion an option?

thanks, i know it may have been a little vague. I was initially drawn to a high output light after seeeing the borealis. so anything along that size

2x or 3x C or D's M*G that could generate big light, like a MAG85. I am going to use this for rescuing babies from smoked buildings.

i have read about an HID that could also be rigged, i like this idea. NiMh or li-ion is possible if a charger could be found for it or even come with it.
LEDs are also nice if they can generate some big light, i know there are some Seol?x4 that look sexy. i hope this helps narrow down my search. ok ok i was kidding about the search and rescue, outdoors/recreational/personal-safety would be the use, big throw, big light, HIDs are welcome especially if they can be "magged" otherwise some of the super bulbs WA1185 with a runtime at highoutput over 45 mins.

Last edited:

nitnapz

Enlightened
Price range would help also :whistle:

essentially under 250usd shipping included to your neighbors of the north
anything in and around that range, i know that i could pickup a mag85 from lightedge's website for about 145usd. all prices could be in and around, and negotiable

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can't buy one, the ROP Hi with 2 x Li-ion C cells is probably about the easiest and best M*g mod to do. Best of all, you retain the focusibility of the M*g.

All you need is:

2C m*g host
Pelican bulb from Lighthound.

Available from CPF
2 x Li-ion C cells from AW
Charger
Cammed reflector and tailcap from Fivemega

This is a good link:
http://lights.lightrefineries.org/?page_id=9
The Li-ion C cells, which were not available at the time, make this mod really easy.

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
If you are open to using C Li-Ions or 18650s, you might want to look into AW's incan smart driver with a metal reflector and a mag-C
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2067245#post2067245
A little spendy but it does have soft start and the multi-levels makes it useful for those times when you don't need to signal an airplane at high altitudes. :) I'm thinking of getting one myself, though I may decide to wait for a Mag-D sized version.

Aepoc

Enlightened
I will sell you my 4-C style ROP low for 50 bucks. It is run off of 6 NiMH 4/5 sub-c and I did the switch resistance mod... I can do the tailspring mod too if you wish. Please PM me if you are interested.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will sell you my 4-C style ROP low for 50 bucks. It is run off of 6 NiMH 4/5 sub-c and I did the switch resistance mod... I can do the tailspring mod too if you wish. Please PM me if you are interested.

this may be interesting:naughty: you'd better to caught it immediately....

Latest posts