So I decided to get a 2nd L0D-CE

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the beginning of the year my planned EDCs:
1. Fenix L0D-CE. Goto EDC. As bright as possible.
2. MillerMods Arc AAA Cree 50mA low. Max available brightness for 4 hours. I estimate in a blackout condition 1 bus ride from home I may need light for up to 3 hours.
3. UK 2AAA eLED. This is really a tag for my keyring. But it will give me all night dim if necessary. And dim is better than dark.

I bought my L0D-CE which bumped my L0P-SE to the backup role. Half a year have gone by and my EDC situation has changed somewhat.
EsthetiX's thread Anyone kill their L0D-CE with 10440's yet?
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/161778
persuaded me to use 10440s in my L0D-CE. this leaves my L0P-SE low (only way I can get 3+hours) very dim by comparison. And MillerMods personal situation seem to keep him from making my light any time soon. And a local store started carring the Fenix line.

I got myself an early birthday present and now my EDCs are:
1. L0D-CE/10440
2. L0D-CE/Eneloop
3. UK 2AAA eLED

Abd a funny thing happened on the way to the flashlight store.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
A funny thing happened on the way to the flashlight store

So I went down to the General Store in Eastgate Mall Stoney Creek.
Lady asked me if I need assistance.
I said "Yes, please get the keys to the flashlight cabinet. I want to buy another one of these." and held up my L0D-CE.
She said "we don't carry flashlights". I pointed. She got the keys. Opened the cabinet. And asked "Which one do you want?"
I pointed again. She leaned closer to the tiny box. And did a double take. Sticker shock I guess.
I asked if I can check out the light before I buy, unscrewed my light and took the battery out. She looked surprised and said "They don't include a battery?" I said soothingly "The light came China. They probably do not want a leaking battery to ruin the thing."

I asked if she had any training on the flashlights. She said she was not present when the lights were set up but no she had no training. I suggest the store get some AAA and AA batteries so they can show off the lights. And pointed out there was a stack of J2LED business cards in the cabinet.
Can't sell C$60 and up flashlights if one cannot show they are better than those great big 2D torches Walmart is selling down the hall.

Jim & John Jung, if you are reading this, get your *** down to the new stores and teach them how to demonstrate the lights!

Last edited:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got myself an early birthday present and now my EDCs are:
1. L0D-CE/10440
2. L0D-CE/Eneloop
3. UK 2AAA eLED
Ha ha.... My EDC...
1. L0D-CE/10440
2. L0D-CE/Hybrid
3. Spare e2 Lithium (inside some shrink tubing

:thumbsup:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
While the incident may appear funny, it is actually not funny.
Prior to this store carrying flashlights, all I can get locally are Craftsman, Dorcy, Garrity, Energizer, RayOvac, Duracell and Mag.
If this store cannot demonstrate expensive torches properly and sell them, they will have to discontinue them and I will be stuck with buying torches sight unseen over the internet again.
LMAO !

:laughing:

:p

:crackup:

:grin2:

:D

:nana:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish we had a store like that over here near where I live... I remember when I checked for local surefire distributors only to be left very dissapointed.

I also have to buy all of my decent lights over the internet sight unseen, some are a gamble (I took a gamble with the Jetbeam C-LE as I had never handled a Jetbeam before, it was a good gamble in the end) and it's one reason I like sticking to manufacturers I know like Fenix although recently I have decided to branch out and try others...

Edit: In bluewater (kent) a store called Red5 that sells various gadgets had a flashlight display about 4 months ago, they got rid of it I guess due to poor sales... :( They used to have a nice lineup of Nuwai lights (that's where I got my X-3 and a couple others) even a rechargeable one, heh.

Last edited:

nuggett

Enlightened
I wish I could buy 100 CEs and give them away.

And keep a few extra for me.

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
While the incident may appear funny, it is actually not funny.
Prior to this store carrying flashlights, all I can get locally are Craftsman, Dorcy, Garrity, Energizer, RayOvac, Duracell and Mag.
If this store cannot demonstrate expensive torches properly and sell them, they will have to discontinue them and I will be stuck with buying torches sight unseen over the internet again.

Demos in stores are a rarity if not impossible. Most outdoor gear stores at least have their headlamps out for display so you can press the buttons and see the brightness levels and blinking mode but not much else.

A few years ago a store employee at an Uncle Dan's store let me compare my Tikka Plus headlamp against a brand new EOS in the darkened storeroom, whereupon I immediately bought the EOS.

You might have a better chance with a small retailer in getting something (anything) demo-ed but not with a mass retailer like a Target etc.

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
I also liked mine so much, I gave one to each member of my family. hehe..

My friends also like it so much that some of them have received it as presents for their birthdays. (I think it's five of them so far)

I actually keep one or two (NIB) as spares in case someone's birthday comes up and it's someone who might appreciate it.

:)

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also liked mine so much, I gave one to each member of my family. hehe..

My friends also like it so much that some of them have received it as presents for their birthdays. (I think it's five of them so far)

I actually keep one or two (NIB) as spares in case someone's birthday comes up and it's someone who might appreciate it.

That's really generous of you, I may have to do something similiar this coming christmas... it will probably be the L0D-CE due to the easy to find battery and small size.

I gave my dad a L0P last christmas which he still says is his best light!

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely getting an additional one to use with standard AAA batts...not sure if I wanna get one as a gift for fear that my friend may insert battery in the wrong direction one day and kill the light.

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
That's really generous of you, I may have to do something similiar this coming christmas... it will probably be the L0D-CE due to the easy to find battery and small size.

I gave my dad a L0P last christmas which he still says is his best light!

Thanks zipplet, I have to admit though, that the cost of the ones that were given to friends was split between myself and some other friends, so I didn't have to bear the entire cost of the light myself. :)

I find that the L0D-CE is the best choice for several reasons. First, it puts out much more light than non-flashaholics expect, so there's a big wow factor. The multiple levels also make it very useful to them. And probably most importantly, it's very small and uses AAA batts. I find that if you give a non-flashaholic anything bigger than the L0D-CE, they won't carry it around (even the L1D is too big).