Top Ten Best Terrorists Targets

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Top Ten Best Terrorist Targets
No its not a Travel Channel ad!

What is your version of the Top Ten best targets for Bin Laden or other terrorists?

Here is mine;

10.Any US Airline or object with name US, USA, AMERICAN, etc.
9.Monuments, Statue of Liberty, Washington Memorial
8.Pentagon
7.Mall of America
6.Olympic Events
5.World Series games
4.New Years Eve at Times Square
3.Superbowl
2.Walt Disney World, Disneyland or other theme parks.

And the #1 best US target for maximum terror and impact,

Las Vegas being hit by a nuclear device.

But thats just me hoping for a miracle....

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think that the best target would be the US National Power Grid. All you need to do, is take out certain remote, key towers. The kind that are very difficult to get equipment and replacement towers to, location wise.

It would not take much to trigger a massive, nationwide load shedding event and could be used as an immediate precursor for something else.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
You forgot the Accademy Awards and the Emmy's.

Remember, after the 9-11 attacks on New York and Washington the Hollywood types took "self-centered" to new heights by their conviction that they were so important to the world as to be irresistable terrorist targets too and therefore the ... what? Emmy's? had to be rescheduled a couple of times. Poor little Hollywood types couldn't deal with the emotional energy of the country being focused on someone besides them so they had to find a way to "Me Too!" themselves into it.

More seriously, I don't know that a discussion exploring what attacks would be the most effective may be the best idea. Interesting though it may be I wouldn't want to give the idiots an idea they hadn't thought of.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

a few weeks ago, I already forgot what the 'new' ' heightened alert' was about, but the police were searching the trunks of all vehicles going into Speilberg's estate...
... and another thing; it's a mistake to think the terroists are 'dumb' - they are just as smart, if not smarter, (oops?) than us. Do not underestimate the enemy, alot of them went to universities here, they are thinking just what you are thinking...

MichiganMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
a few weeks ago, I already forgot what the 'new' ' heightened alert' was about, but the police were searching the trunks of all vehicles going into Speilberg's estate...
... and another thing; it's a mistake to think the terroists are 'dumb' - they are just as smart, if not smarter, (oops?) than us. Do not underestimate the enemy, alot of them went to universities here, they are thinking just what you are thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

The worries Spielberg has are related to retaliation from people who paid for tickets into "AI" and "Minority Report". Talk about bombs.

As for not thinking the terrorists are idiots, who are we talking about, the 9-11 pilots, their foolish subordinates who reportedly thought they were just doing a hijacking, or those morons John Walker Lind and Richard Reid (whom I'm surprised possessed the mental horsepower to even tie his explosive shoes)

Not underestimating them doesn't mean underestimating our inadvertant contribution to their choosing of soft targets.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I gave Saudi's military jet flight training here in the U.S. in the 90's. I can say without hesitation those guys are definitely not as sharp as the U.S. students and that's being nice. Just because they attended college here in the U.S. doesn't make them smart or dumb. I have met two college grads that couldn't read without sounding out words and these were Americans. We certainty shouldn't underestimate terrorist but being brutal and ruthless does not qualify as smart. I agree, the terrorists are thinking what I am thinking but some others in the U.S. are thinking containment.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a couple of targets I wouldn't mind the terrs hitting;

Rosie
Oprah
Susan Sarandon
human shield foundation
France
DMV
that phone soliciting company that hits me everynight during dinner
[meant to be light hearted, not tryin to offend

Albany Tom

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The worries Spielberg has are related to retaliation from people who paid for tickets into "AI" and "Minority Report". Talk about bombs.

As for not thinking the terrorists are idiots, who are we talking about, the 9-11 pilots, their foolish subordinates who reportedly thought they were just doing a hijacking, or those morons John Walker Lind and Richard Reid (whom I'm surprised possessed the mental horsepower to even tie his explosive shoes)

Not underestimating them doesn't mean underestimating our inadvertant contribution to their choosing of soft targets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point. I remember watching the news before the Gulf War went into the ground stage. There were former US military officers explaining what our likely tactics would be. I couldn't believe it! Just because information is common sense to some people, or unclassified, doesn't mean you should talk about it. Even general information about our military forces, or civilian areas that could be targets could put peoples lives at risk.

That said, if there are any terrorists reading this board, please DON'T blow up Hillary Clinton in her house a couple of hours southwest of Albany. We love her dearly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned
The alledged tape by bin Laden shown on the Muslim channel (or something, on Iraq TV) mentioned he wanted to die a matyr, attacking "the belly of the eagle" or words to that. I'm not sure of his poetic/metaphoric skills. Maybe something that fits that description would be a likely top 10 too.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the belly? oh-no!!! not the food industry!!! i like food!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
I gave Saudi's military jet flight training here in the U.S. in the 90's. I can say without hesitation those guys are definitely not as sharp as the U.S. students and that's being nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my friends has a story about the advantages of the side-by-side seating in the T-37 while he was an instructor in Undergrad Pilot Training. One day he was flying with a trainee in a two ship in the Tweets. The other guys were another IP and his foreign charge. The foriegn trainees were notorious screwups. This time the foreign trainee had screwed up so badly that the IP had the trainee by the mask and was bashing his helmet against the side of the canopy. Never heard of this happening to a US trainee. This supposedly applied even to the Euro NATO guys -- The chances of getting FAR were better if you did UPT in the Euro NATO program.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
I almost forgot this prospect, terrorists gain passage on cruise ships all at once, one or two per ship and release smallpox, the whole ship becomes infected but since most cruises are less than 5 day everyone heads on home all across the country infecting even more on inclosed passenger jets. There is probably 2 dozen cruise ships in service all over on both sides of the country, at an average capacity of 2,000 tourists per ship it would be a massive amount of people returning back to their homes spreading even more so a contagion.

Have we even seen or heard of security of cruise ships? A terrorist could conveniately board one at another country port very easy, would not have to have entered the US.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only problem with the cruise ship idea is that small pox is not contagious until the sores start forming. The enclosed atmosphere of the inside of the ship is great to spread it at that point. but once that happens the person infected would be running a very high fever and be very very sick. You'd notice if they were sitting across from you at dinner and if they were frolicking with you in their swimsuit you'd be hard pressed to miss the weeping sores...

So you can't use small pox for that. But I'd have to guess that there are others. Except that the small pox vaccine wont help you against those...

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
In no particular order:

1. NBCs having those goofy Red, White and Blue Channels for the Olympics several years ago.

2. The LA Dodger hot dog vendors. The hot dog sticks way outside of the bun. Way, way out there. When they finally figure out that this is a problem then perhaps then can figure out how to win.

3. Barbra Streisand. She and Martin Sheen can lead the pack to Bagdad re: human shields.

4. Bjork for that god-awful dead swan dress.

5. Ford because I have a POS Explorer that is nothing but problems.

6. Rosanne for her terrible rendition of the national anthem.

7. Michael Jackson. Two surgeries? Right... OK to sleep with boys? Nope...

8. People that file fringe and frivolous lawsuits aka fat content in fast foods, tobacco, creamy peanut butter in prison, kid didn't make it as a cheerleader and so on.

9. AOL for constantly sending me the '1025 free hours' CDs.

10. And finally, out favorite target to bash: the French because they already seem to have given up and probably are on someone's list somewhere.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I thought Bjork's swan dress was cute...

(...and they knew Rosanne couldn't sing, so why'd they hire her???)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif