Surefire 6P questions

Stormstaff

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a Surefire 6P in near to stock form (added a strike bezel) that I'd like to "do something" with. I'd like to convert it to rechargeable. I know the options are endless, but without breaking the bank :broke: I was wondering what you folks would suggest to make this edc ready?

Change the head? LED conversion? Etc

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!!!!

1wrx7

Enlightened
Look into a KT1 turbohead. They"re pricy but well worth it if you want more throw. You can find LED tower modules for the turbohead, and there are lots of drop-in LED mods for the standard head. A one cell extender would let you run the P90,P91 bulbs. Other options are availible, these are the only ones I've used.

Stormstaff

Newly Enlightened
That head looks HUGE! :eek:

I'm wanting to keep the ability to keep it for every day carry.

Thanks for the suggestions though!! :twothumbs

Enlightened
I would recommend the Wolf Eyes high output 170 lumen LED or the BugOutGear Premium Plus LED. Both are nice and will give you plenty of runtime from batteries. I'm not sure if the 6P body can accept the AW RCR123's or not. I get a little over an hour on my 2x AW RCR123 setup with the Wolf Eyes module.
Or you can get the Lumens Factory EO-6 incan lamp assembly. It's 200 lumens with a claimed runtime of 40 minutes on primaries.

sixshooter_45

Newly Enlightened
I use the Wolfeyes Cree XR-E LED 3.7V-13V D26 Lamp 170 Lumen lamp assy. with AW's R123A for work and the LF HO-9 High Output 9V Lamp - 320 Lumen Lamp assy. for a really bright light with same batteries but runtime will diminish to about 22 min max.

Lithium's will cycle more times if you stop using them before they are depleted, so I change them out after approx. 15 min. of usage.
:twothumbs

You may want to purchase AW's ultrafire battery charger also.

Some don't like the fact that they overcharge past the 4.2V, so you may want to purchase the new Pila charger which shuts down charging the batteries at 4.2V giving your batteries longevity.

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
The options are practically endless. If you haven't already, please click on the link in my sig line, have a read to get the general idea of how rechargable conversions are performed on tactical flashlights. A configuration chart is listed below the guide. The D26 configurations that are titled "2xRCR123" and "1x17670" are compatible with your 6P.

The HO-9 is a fun configuration, but not 100% practical, I suggest a step down, for better performance in the long haul. (HO-4, WE 3.7V D26, ES-9, SR-9, P90, G90, etc)... There are even some cheapo lamps at dealextreme that are like $3. They have 9V and 3.7V G&P clone lamps that work in these rechargable applications.

nc987

Enlightened
Keep it simple, Surefire KR2 Rechargeable Kit.

I use this setup with a KL3 head, runtime is remarkable, Or if im in the mood then i strap on the kt1 turbohead.

6p was my first surefire and is the one that probably gets the most use, ive beat the hell out of that thing and it keeps going.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. have the body changed that an 18650 Li-Ion fits in
2. get a led insert that runs on this cell

Abrams.357

Newly Enlightened
what about the rechargeable system stock from surefire-- easy simple dosent void warranty?