On the road with 3rd shift, lotsa video and pic links weekly

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cover a lot of ground on my regional runs delivering auto parts.
Anything from 300 - 600 miles a day in a Sprinter, or a 16 foot box truck.
I run out of the DFW area and back 5 days a week.

I now have a good video/still camera and love shooting video and taking pictures.
Expect a lot of video and pictures in this thread. (broadband connection highly recommended)
I will be posting once a week in this one to keep it from hogging the top of the cafe.
Unless of course, I catch a tornado, alien ship, or major crash on video. ;)
Most will be posted as links to keep this thread easily loadable as it grows in length.
I may even catch something unexpected from time to time ranging from :laughing: to :eek:

Enjoy the ride. :cool:

Last edited:

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a video of just how loud some truck tires can be. :shakehead
These will be getting replaced with dedicated steer tires.
I will still keep them as spares after they are dismounted since they will still work on any wheel of the truck.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v313/3rd_shift/?action=view&current=SANY0009.flv

Video rolling through a construction site at the posted speed. :sleepy:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v313/3rd_shift/?action=view&current=c6e4c023.flv

I was stuck behing a car where the driver had no money for the tollbooth operator.
So, I grabbed the camera and took a shot of these really beautiful petunias maintained by the tollbooth operators.
It's a 150k 1280x1024 pic. ;)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...on the road/?action=view&current=SANY0014.jpg

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least the noise your tires make should keep you from dozing off while driving. :lolsign:

Thanks for the vids!

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's true.
What's interesting is that, my Sprinter's OEM Michelin tires are quiet on smooth pavement, while my 16 foot Isuzu NQR boxtruck's OEM Bridgestone 19.5x225x70 low-pro tires are noisiest on smooth pavement as featured in the video.
On rough, large gravel pavement, it's the other way around.
The 16 footer's Bridgestone tires go quiet as a dead mouse, while the Sprinter's tires are loudly roaring.
I'm in the Sprinter tonight and will try to get video of that for the weekend.

Last edited:

orionlion82

Enlightened
good video! and good thinkin. texas dont mess with breaking the law while drivin in a construction area... the fines are double.

i hear first call/orilys might be building a distro hub out near lubbock.
if you have the chance - dont transfer. dallas is much better, and ive been trapped here trying to move back for a while now. (lived DFW for 18 years... lubbock or leave it - if you can...)