Battery Position in Inova Lights

Confederate

Enlightened
I noticed on many of my Inova lights that the positive (+) position of the batteries was towards the rear of the lights, not towards the reflector, as one would think.

My question is, what if batteries are mistakenly loaded the other way? Will it hurt the lights? The reason I ask is that I'm taking out all the 123A batteries and storing these lights empty. But if I load them a year or two from now, will I ruin the light by putting the batteries in positive side down? Or are the lights protected?

Thanks.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few Inova's myself and whenever I change the batteries I am extra careful. In any case you find a noticeable raised + inside the tailcap.

I don't believe the lights are protected against inverse polarity and I am not going to find whether this is true or not.....:rolleyes:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
As far as I know..... not protected. The non-standard position of the batteries is just something you've got to keep in mind with Inova lights.

If you're afraid you'll actually forget, put a small note in each Inova light you own once you remove the batteries.