Whoa, heads on new E1L and E2L are different?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking at the pics from that one website in another country of the Surefire fan meeting (don't know if I should list it) and see that the head on the new E1Ls' is marked KX1 and the head on the new E2L is marked KX2 - does that mean they are different internally?

big beam

Enlightened
I've seen that too and was thinking will the new heads be like the old KL1 3V~9V? It would be a shame if they're not.(can't play legos anymore)
DON

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember Size15's saying that they are regulated differently, one and two cell configurations, so they're not swapable. :(

big beam

Enlightened
One step up and two steps back!! This surefire stuff is starting not to impress me anymore.Maybe I'll just buy another FENIX.
Boy that should open another can of worms:crazy:
DON

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
dosent anyone know for sure?

I will most likely not buy any of the new Surefire lights (E1L or E2L) if this is true! It would really be a major dissapointment :(

dominator7248

Newly Enlightened
What?! does that mean if i want to use rcr123s i should get the old e1l because if thats true i better rush to mi retailer and get one b4 they sell out on the old ones and sell the new ones and can someone tell me where this web is.....i've been searching for it for about 2 days now no luck:thumbsdow
thanks

Dom

Abrams.357

Newly Enlightened
I remember Size15's saying that they are regulated differently, one and two cell configurations, so they're not swapable. :(
i just talked to sure fire cust. service and he said this is not true, they are swappable but it dosent convince me cuz i think size15 knows more than a costumer service guy, who i think he was thinking that i meant physically swappable but not thinking of the internal "stuff"

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure the enterprising folks here at CPF will come up with something, don't you think?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have never said that. The new product is the KX1 bezel which replaces the KL1. This has always been the case.

Note: I recognise that on some images of the E2L it is shown with a "KX2" bezel which looks the same as the "KX1" used by the E1L.
Whether these are different labels for the same bezel, or whether they are different bezels and there are interchangeability issues I don't know.
I don't have all the answers - I no longer have the time to be that deeply involved. My gut tells me they are simply etched to match the body (but then I am hungry so I could be very wrong)

Last edited:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah man, my bad. Ok, well someone said the two heads would be different. They were apparently in error, as am I. Sorry to put words in your mouth, 15's. :stupid:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Ah man, my bad. Ok, well someone said the two heads would be different. They were apparently in error, as am I. Sorry to put words in your mouth, 15's. :stupid:
Well you could be correct that the two bezels are different. They are etched different without a doubt. I'm seeking clarification.
Since I don't have both I can not confirm anything myself.

big beam

Enlightened
Soooooo.... the light is out(being sold) and we're still not sure.But I must say over the years surefire has had good CS poeple that seem to know their product.But I wouldn't bet my life that the two heads are the same.I was hoping Al(size 15) could shed some LIGHT on the subject.:mecry:
DON

Abrams.357

Newly Enlightened
i just talked to sure fire cust. service and he said this is not true, they are swappable but it dosent convince me cuz i think size15 knows more than a costumer service guy, who i think he was thinking that i meant physically swappable but not thinking of the internal "stuff"
i dont mean to talk down bout sf cs but im just trying to double check things