MagLed 3xAA Dies!!!!!!

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
I use a 3xAA Magled for story time reading when putting my daughter to bed most nights. After what I would estimate as 4 months of near daily use (rechargeables of course) the thing died. Looks like there are several "bands" on the LED and two of the three are dead. It flickered and then died. Any thoughts on what I should do with it?

Even if I had it on for an hour each night, $27 for a light that worked for about 4x30 = 60 hours use seems pretty crappy.

customh

Newly Enlightened
Basically, call them and tell them to send you another one, just dont say anything about the rechargeables.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Definetly sounds like the LED die died, it looks like they put a faulty LED in the module and they owe you a new flashlight, but make sure as many have told you, do not mention that you used NiMh batteries in the light

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely don't tell them about the NIMHs...I wrote to them months ago and asked them about using lithiums and rechargables (specifically NIMHs) and they said that using anything but alky's would void the warranty.

I'm sure they would give you a new light as long as they think you used the right batteries...:whistle: