I ran into a budding Flashoholic on the 4th

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My neighborhood was ablaze last night. So I decided to enjoy all the pyro's doing the home show fireworks thing. I had my brightest light strapped to my wrist, a turboheaded 9P running a MN60 lamp. Very cool in the smoke. I run into a few neighbors doing the same thing. One had a cheap 2D grocerly store light, the other had a Fenix! It was one of the CR123 single output models. I was very impressed. He doesn't carry it often because he is afraid of losing it. So he needs some developement. He is always impressed with my lights, but he finally took the big plunge and bought a nice light. I will not mention his name as he does not want his wife to know he paid $75 for his light. I didn't have the heart to tell him he could have gotten it cheaper.

BTW I was really impressed with the small size and very respectable output. It wasn't a Cree but still plenty bright. He is lamenting the fact that the higher output Cree version became available after he bought his.

kelmo

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
$75? Did he get it from a brick and morter? I haven't heard of any that carry Fenix. I waited until the fireworks were over to go test out my big 10cp Dorcy spot. I just stood there on the grass giggling like a madman at the tight, far reaching beam. Eventually my friend took over and I 'lightsaber' fought him with my 9P. Good times.

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Oh yeah... I was enjoying my stock maxfire last night. I wish I had batteries charged to run the M1 and D-mini. It looked so cool...