2C ROP stuff came in! (now with beamshots and runtime)

Enlightened
My stuff from Lighthound and Modamag came in. I already had the 2C and Fivemega MOP reflector waiting.. This is my first ROP. Batteries are being charged now. Beamshots tomorrow evening. :devil:

ROP.jpg

Last edited:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2C ROP stuff came in!

Great!!!!! I am also building a 2C ROP and am anxiously awaiting all of the goodies. The hardest part for me to locate has been the reflector. Anyway, I am anxious to see your beamshots. I am also curious to see how your C cells do as far as runtime is concerned. What charger are you using for these??

:D

Last edited:

Enlightened
Re: 2C ROP stuff came in!

Great!!!!! I am also building a 2C ROP and am anxiously awaiting all of the goodies. The hardest part for me to locate has been the reflector. Anyway, I am anxious to see your beamshots. I am also curious to see how your C cells do as far as runtime is concerned. What charger are you using for these??

:D

I don't know if I'll risk leaving it on for extended periods on the high bulb but it's estimated to run 38 mins and 80 with the low bulb. This is according to fivemega.

Enlightened
Re: 2C ROP stuff came in! (now with beamshots)

These are just preliminary beamshots. I couldn't wait and pulled the batteries out after just an hour for "testing" purposes. The high bulb is stupid bright. :grin2:

I'm gonna do an outdoor shot with the high bulb and a few with the low tonight. More tomorrow when the batteries are fully charged. :popcorn:

ROP2-1.jpg

ROP1-1.jpg

ROP3.jpg

Beer

Enlightened

Freaking sweet...

Enlightened

Thanks! Just did a ROP low wall shot. Give me about an hour for outdoor shots. I have a fivemega dual function head. I'm running the reflector camless with the head screwed all the way down.

ROP Low
Roplow.jpg

ROP High
ROP2-1.jpg

Last edited:

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened

What's the total cost of this mod? Can't decide if I want to do a 2c with Lithium cells or 2d with rechargeables

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast

The RoP is a great build isn't it? I love mine. The MOP reflector is well suited for it.

jlomein

Enlightened

What charger are you using?

Also, are you using the Modamag tailcap clickie while still having the Mag body clickie installed?

Enlightened

What's the total cost of this mod? Can't decide if I want to do a 2c with Lithium cells or 2d with rechargeables

Roughly $143. That includes everything.

jlomein,
I am using a DSD charger.. Yes. I'm using the MagClickie with the factory switch installed. Click on the switch on the body and you "activate" the MagClickie. "Deactivate" the MagClickie and the factory switch is functional.

Rare earth magnets are holding the clips onto the batteries. It works.
DSD.jpg

Last edited:

Enlightened

Last ones for the evening. The batteries are being fully charged now. Enough messing around. :grin2:

ROP High and then Low on each set..

ROPHIGH3.jpg

ROPLOW3.jpg

ROPHIGH2.jpg

ROPLOW2.jpg

ROPHIGH1.jpg

ROPLOW1.jpg

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is fantastic! Well done!

So, let me in on the secret here. I know what bulb you use from the RoP website, but what are the batteries?

The first picture looks like C cells, yet the one charging looks like a 18650.

Puzzled.

Enlightened

This is fantastic! Well done!

So, let me in on the secret here. I know what bulb you use from the RoP website, but what are the batteries?

The first picture looks like C cells, yet the one charging looks like a 18650.

Puzzled.

The batteries are AW brand C-cells. The picture of the charger is the exact charger I'm using but the 18650 was just for picture purposes.
You can get the batteries direct from AW on here or from Lighthound.com and Fenix-Store.com

Greg

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, I just got my stuff for a rop and built one myself, only I'm using 18650. I must say, the light is by far the brightest light I have ever held in my hand. With a MOP reflector, it's beam pattern is awesome with the high bulb and with the low bulb, the beam is slightly rectangular not perfectly circular. The low still beats the crap out of my TL-3 using 17500 so it's quite bright for a low powered bulb.

If you build it, you will not be disappointed. Good thing is, all parts that are required for a build are currently available through lighthound, flashlightlens, and fivemega right now.

Enlightened

So I was bored tonight and wanted to experiment alittle..

Took out this..
Hairspray.jpg

And moderately sputtered my perfectly good fivemega MOP reflector.. Turned out better than I expected.
Sputtered2.jpg

Sputtered3.jpg

And yes, beam did improve. It's more floody now. :D
Sputtered.jpg

Standard fivemega MOP
ROP2-1.jpg

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Hey nice job! I'm thinking that hairspray is gonna bake, discolor, and perhaps ruin the underlying reflector finish....remember all the hairspray being shot over a lighter flame thrower movie shots? Some of these bulbs easily burn newspapers in seconds.

Enlightened

Hey nice job! I'm thinking that hairspray is gonna bake, discolor, and perhaps ruin the underlying reflector finish....remember all the hairspray being shot over a lighter flame thrower movie shots? Some of these bulbs easily burn newspapers in seconds.

I'm going to order another reflector anyway. :D This is my experimental 2C ROP. I like the way it is now. This will now be my household go-to light. I love the flood of it. I have my light on 2-3 minutes at a time. Hopefully I'm safe.

Some before and after. Big difference IMO. Sputtered fivemega reflector on top, untouched fivemega MOP on the bottom. Throw is definitely gone and so is output but it's still bright.

ROPFLOOD1.jpg

ROPHIGH3.jpg

ROPFLOOD2.jpg

ROPHIGH2.jpg

Indoor
ROPFLOOD3.jpg