Will there be Aluminum version of Titan?

Marduke

Flashaholic
They would have to replace the sapphire window with something else before that priced dropped too far.

Marduke

Flashaholic
How much you want to bet you'll be able to find "an original Surefire Titan" at your local flea market within a couple months for $20 :twothumbs

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably depends whether Surefire feels they are selling it as a light or as jewelry/collectible/technical-tour-de-force. If the former then an aluminum version may come out. If the latter, then no.

Greg

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
If SF thinks it'll make money they'll do it. I highly doubt SF will do it at a reasonable price, but if enough suckers out there will buy them Surefire will make 'em.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to remember that someone mentioned after SHOT that an Al version was being considered. Things change, though, so the only real answer is to simply wait and see. :popcorn:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Will there be an Aluminum version of the Titan?

Will they make an Al version?... have no clue, but I really hope so!

What will they call it? haven't a clue on that either, don't care much as long as they make it, but Atlas, or A1 (for Alum, not son of A2, sorry), S1 (for SSC), E1, or 01? I figure they will revert to an alpha-numeric designation since the Al version would not be a special edition. And that is all the brain work I will spend on that.

Pistolero

Enlightened

I'd like the Titan to become Al and affordable. But I'd like it even better if other manufacturers began fabricating variable output led lights that aren't stages.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like the Titan to become Al and affordable. But I'd like it even better if other manufacturers began fabricating variable output led lights that aren't stages.

Have you checked out Gatlights? I'm eagerly awaiting mine.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Will there be Aluminum Version of Titan?

Titanium's symbo is Ti not "Tit"
Replacing Ti with Al in Titan produces Altan.

I'm sorry for Alan, maybe another time.

Whether the nomenclature is correct or not I love the sound of the Surefire Alan. The Titan for the regular guy:).

I'm just glad they didn't make more of the CREE and call it the Cretin!

The Alan - that's hilarious to me, and I'm sure only me.

Ok I'll stop now:eek:.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's also Central Tools' Flashflood. I'm pretty sure that was introduced before the Titan was.
Peak also has one.