what's your best "tough light" story....

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

what\'s your best "tough light" story....

I'm new to the boards...

I wanted to start with a story about my favorite mini mag light... It was cheap.. I was out riding bike one day and rode past a truck re-fuel treminal... And there it was half embedded in the black top drive way... a black mini mag light! It was half pressed into the black top... I thought it was toasted for sure... but just for kicks I stopped and dug the thing out with my knife. Holy S8#$ it was still on! burning brightly..! Yeah the body was bent so that it takes a rap or two on the table to get the batterys out but it still works! I've still got it and it works just fine... I've bought other mag lights since just because of this "find"... but I still carry my bent one just for show and tell, besides, no one who barrows it wants to keep such a beat up piece of junk. It's my pride and joy.

Just had to share.

Anyone else got a tough light story to share?

bwcaw

Enlightened
Re: what\'s your best "tough light" story....

It would have to be the radio- shack minimag
knockoff that i lost out in a flowerbed one
fall, and found it the next summer,and after
being buried in dirt for about half a year,
eduring freezing, and thawing, snow, rain, and every other wheather condition imaginable
i found it and it worked!!! I still have the
light and it is still going strong.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened

Come on Kogatana, don't leave us hanging like that! Aren't you going to tell us if you shot the guy? Anyway, i didn't see any
overly extreme use of your mag-lite, mabie later in the story? Anyway, sounds interesting.
grin.gif

d'mo

Enlightened

Ahhhhh!!

It's just like watching "Jagged Edge" at the theater a number of years ago! Just as the killer's mask was about to be removed, an electrical storm took out the power!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

My heart was in my throat just READING it... Looking foward to the end...

bladerunner

Newly Enlightened

Hello everyone, great story so far KT, can't wait to hear the rest! In the mean time, here's my story similar to the first post.I was looking for old coins with my Whites metal detector around an old abandoned farm house when I got a strong,strange signal. I dug up a black aa mini-maglite that worked when I turned it on! The perfect find for a flash-a-holic! Now I'm searching for an M6!haha
grin.gif

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay, somebody take his pager away so he can finish the story.

Aloha

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

Two cliff hangers in a eight hour period... this is much worse than who shot JR
grin.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened

I think he is stringing us along just for the fun of it! I don't think he ever really
was there or even had a colt! You should read the story i wrote about killing Bin-laden!

brightnorm

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana:
OK, OK I finished it. That was painful just thinking about it so I deleted it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KT,

Thank you for sharing that extraordinary story with us. It seemed like an ever deepening nightmare, evoking for me that feeling you get in dreams when you're trying to run but end up struggling in slow motion.

The sheer desperation of the last helpless moment when you fired those two shots was the most powerful
part of the story, and the image of that boy sitting at his father's bedside is the most poignant.

You saved at least one life that day and almost lost your own. It seems that you have lived a life of service to others while often putting your own life at risk. What life could be more worthwhile and satisfying than that?

It could even be the definition of a hero's life.

Brightnorm

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, what just happened here? Did I miss it?
frown.gif

Aloha

bladerunner

Newly Enlightened

Oh no..I missed it too. Great story...did the maglite get fixed?
smile.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened

Come on! where is the rest of the story!?!?!
Even the first part is deleted.What is up?