what will the next ipod be?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im hopeing it will share the same user interface as the iphone .i still willl preafre my creative labs vision m but it sure will be neat to see a ipod thats like a iphone but neeeds at least 30 gigs

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
One you can navigate with just your eyes! :nana:

Not too sure but technology has come a long way in such a short time!

:popcorn:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the next version will be using SSD starting from 32GB

size will be the one of the fifth gen ipod.

battery life will be longer

video,picture,music and game function.

even better sound quality with improved bass using SRS.

800dpi screen to provide superior image quality

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
the next version will be using SSD starting from 32GB

size will be the one of the fifth gen ipod.

battery life will be longer

video,picture,music and game function.

even better sound quality with improved bass using SRS.

800dpi screen to provide superior image quality

sounds great now, how bout a more durable exterior? im tired of having to buy a 25 dollar silicone case for my ipod video.

analogguy

Enlightened
No doubt in my mind that future ipods will have a touch screen GUI similar to the iphone and will display a widescreen format if turned sideways.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is that the video iPod will come in 2 flavours: a 16 or 32GB flash-memory based one and a thicker hard-drive based one of 80 or 100GB. I assume it will have the same touch-screen and style as the iPhone but won't have web-surfing to protect the iPhone sales.

The nano will also be upgraded with more memory (probably 16GB for the top model).

I'm guessing they will be announced in fall to be available for the Christmas selling season.

Greg

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know, but I'd love it if it was a Meizu.
I like Meizus; they give you more than a Nano for half of the price, and all at a decent build quality. They more than deserve to be the next market leader.

Realistically, though, the next ipod is likely to be just another ipod.

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
An ipod that doesnt break with a single drop...

I dropped my 30gb ipod video just the other week, it was in a full plastic agent18 case and fell from my jeans pocket to a brick pavement. Dead in one go :( Apple said it could be repaired by a third party, but it wouldnt be worth the cost...

As it is, i think the functionality of the ipod is fine. I like the way its interface works, battery life for music is decent, but honestly its way too fragile.

My dream, Casio to merge with Apple and make a G-iPod something that can withstand a stampede :D hehe

gorn

Enlightened
An ipod that doesnt break with a single drop...

I dropped my 30gb ipod video just the other week, it was in a full plastic agent18 case and fell from my jeans pocket to a brick pavement. Dead in one go :( Apple said it could be repaired by a third party, but it wouldnt be worth the cost...

As it is, i think the functionality of the ipod is fine. I like the way its interface works, battery life for music is decent, but honestly its way too fragile.

My dream, Casio to merge with Apple and make a G-iPod something that can withstand a stampede :D hehe

It is a problem if you drop a hard drive and it is spinning. The impact plays hell with the head armatures. It is not uncommon to loose a HDD based device to a drop.

I have a couple of 80gig iPods and just picked up an iPhone. I really like the iPhone interface better than the iPods. Browsing the music and videos I put on it is easy (or you can browse it in iPod mode). The album view is just plain nice.

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, its not as though i didnt expect it to break, but im still annoyed nonetheless hehe. Kind of like dropping a glass, you know its gona break, but you just wish it were stronger or didnt break :whistle:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
well thats something that the new flash based ones will be better about. You certainly wont be able to wreck the hard drives by dropping them cause there wont be any.

That being said, I've dropped mine from about the same height and had it survive twice. You must have been lucky ;) They dont leave the drive spinning very long as they preload like 32 meg of data at a time and then spin it down.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that making the battery user replacable would call for an easy way to open it. I believe one of the ipod's greatest features is its sleek looks in order to appeal to those of us who value aesthetics (myself included) and making any small opening on it would make it really ugly.