Which $10-20 1xAA Cree/SSC has the best runtime?

Vermonter73

Enlightened
I want to turn on some of my friends to the joy of modern flashlights :thumbsup:

I want to put together an inexpensive light/battery/charger combo and give them as gifts.

The single AA form factor seems to be the best bet. Super bright may be cool, but runtime is really more practical. Which of the $10-20 cheapies has the best runtime?

I gave my Dad a $10 one that I got at KD, but I never got to play with it enough to figure out the runtime. Works great. Much better than the multi-5mm thing he was using.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Ultrafire C3 with the 2AA extension might run for a bit, but it is $0.50 over your budget, so maybe just the Ultrafire C3 without an extension tube. The MTE Seoul is bright but does not have a very long runtime and the tail cap might be a bit stiff. The Ultrafire C5 will run for 2 hours on 2AA batteries, $1.63 over your budget. The Ultrafire WF-606A seems good too, $0.30 over your budget.

Maybe go for the MTE and two rechargeable batteries? Or the Ultrafire C3.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'll go for Ultrafire C3 for longer runtime and flexibility and MTE SSC 1xAA for brightness and size.