QPS Police Video

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Thought i would share this with everyone on here as i think it is very well made and deserves some extra exposure. Our Union has just made a new video which will be aired on TV in an attempt to push our state government for a pay rise for Police throughout Queensland :broke:. I have yet to see it on TV however being as technically minded as the union is :D they also posted it on youtube, the comments the public have been making about it on youtube are very positive which is a step in the right direction. Anyway have a look and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymE9r7YX68

Mods if this is the wrong place to post this can you please move it

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Police Video

This video is very well done:twothumbs

It couches in a short manner the different tasks and arises oppresive emotions.

Thanks for sharing it Keeper:)

Best regards

____
Tom

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice video and very well made. I like the POV shots. Did I see a Fenix (L0P?) being used by the medic?

KeeperSD

Enlightened

Actually DUQ thats what i thought as well but wasn't sure. It was definately to short for a normal pen light

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome video! I always wanted to be a police officer...just two days ago I was saying to my wife that if I could do it over again, I would've done just that. Of course she was glad I didn't...she'd worry too much.

Again...great video! :thumbsup:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Indeed thanks for posting that link. Those who serve & protect their fellow citizens all around the world deserve a huge THANKS!!

Grummond

Newly Enlightened
Excellent video.
I lived in Queensland a few years ago and worked on the door at a night club in Surfers Paradise.

On the few occasions that we needed the police they were always very courteous, fair and professional.

There was one occasion where a young woman snuck into the club through the fire door, but I just happened to be walking past on the other side when she came in with a couple of her friends (one friend had opened it from the inside) when I told them to leave she insisted that she'd come through the front door and paid.
This was clearly a lie and she didn't have the stamp on her hand which all paying customers got, I also checked with security at the door and they had not seen her.
When asking her to leave she went ballistic and started shouting that her dad was a high ranking policeman and she would call him and I'd be sorry and so forth.
Anyway true to her word she called her father and he came to the front door where I was holding her, she proceeded to lie to him about what had taken place and told him I'd called her a ***** and hurt her arm and so on (which was also a lie).
After a couple of minutes he told her to stop and asked me what had happened and I explained what had taken place.
Despite the fact he must have been clearly disappointed his demeanour was totally calm and professional, he told another officer to take her to a car and told me she would not bother us again.

I can remember feeling sorry for the police officer as he walked away, despite the emotional strings he did not let this affect his judgment he acted in the interest of law and order.
I could not help but respect this man who was placed in such a crap position, after all the first thing he saw when he arrived was me restraining his daughter by holding her arm (the reason I held her arm was because when I asked her to leave she refused, told me to f*ck off and tried to walk further into the club, I also explained this to him).
I don't think I would have wanted to be in her shoes when they got home. :tsk:

I guess I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank members of the QLD police for their service and I hope they get the support they need, like all police officers they do a hard and often thankless job but they do it and they do it well.:thumbsup:
Simon.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
You are quite right Rob, not sure what has happened there. The advertisements are still on the TV so not sure why it has been removed, the union has come to a deal with the government so maybe the Union has stopped the advertising campaigns because of this. I must say that not all members are impressed by the deal that has been established.

I will have to delete it from my sig line now.........