Ok, what exactly is (the A2)

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A2 I keep seeing ?

What light does it fit ? Why is different or better than than the existing current models that are out ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
Re: Ok, what exactly is

The A2 is about the size of an E2e. The major changes are it has a new digitally regulated lamp rated at 60Lu. This regulation means the light will stay 'whiter' for a much longer period of the battery life. Equally, the A2 has three 5mm LED which can be white, red, blue or green I believe. These can run when there is not enough juice for the main lamp. Equally, using a new tail-cap switch you now have a choice between low output (LED) or high output (Incandescent) all in one flashlight!!

I MISS SPELL CHECK...can I get that back? Or is it gone FOREVER? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

fcb01136.jpg

fcb01161.jpg

fcb17a6c.jpg

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is 50 lumens, and about same size as M2.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gotcha, thanks guys.

Interesting light. Anyone have an idea as to price ?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
It is 50 lumens, and about same size as M2.

[/ QUOTE ]
FC, is 50 lumens noticeably dimmer than the 60 lumens of the E2e? I wonder why the original spec stated 60 lumens but downgraded it to 50 lumens.

CM

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

These pics are of Al's A2 (#A00079). I will take pics and post them as soon as I can.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Madecov. Dan @ www.tacticalwarehouse.com has the A2 for $157.48...and he has that special going on... $10 bucks off $100 or more, and $25 off $200 or more. It's in the Dealer's corner.

Knife11

Newly Enlightened

so from the picture it looks like you can replace the lamp with a brighter one if you want...can anyone confirm or deny?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have not seen nor heard anything to indicate that Surefire will provide a HOLA for the A2. The C2D (or M2D) should provide HOLA and LOLA options (if they ever make it to market). Looks like we will have to live with the 50-60 lumen lamp assembly for the A2 for the foreseeable future (which is not too shabby IMHO).

Cheers.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hear C2D is in the R&D stage as we speak.

I don't know of any plans of HOLA for D-series.

Burning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif how cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

Right!

Again, I will try to be very simple and easy to understand:

I have a pre-production sample of the A2.
It's beam of 50Lu is a different shape than other two cell SF123A SureFires - because it is a whiter light, it looks brighter and more intense compared to the MN03 and P60 Lamps.

The A2 will be released with White LEDs first.
I believe Red LEDs will follow next but there is no release date for any other colour LEDs than white at this stage.

The A2's MA02 Lamp Assembly is the only Lamp Assembly for the A2. There is no release date for any other Lamp Assemblies.

There are no production plans for the following proto-types shown last year at the SHOT Show 2002 and in the out of date 2002 SureFire Flashlight Catalogue:

C2D
M2D
M3D
M3TD

If you would like me to take more photos of the A2 and L1 compared to other SureFires, please email me [email protected]

Respectfully,

Al

Safari

Newly Enlightened

What is the output of the three 5mm led's on the A2 vs the K1 on a E2e ?? Any spec's that surefire has let slip out?

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

A2 LEDs are rated at 3lu, KL1 is about 15lu.

Safari

Newly Enlightened

Thanks I think. I guess I need to own both. Wish they would have installed their best and brightess led's in a $150.00 light, but then I wouldn't need to buy both!

DrAg0n

Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">3lu??? thats like quite pathatic if u ask me....just y cant they be 15lu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif??....is 3 supposed to be the optimum energy saving level or something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif</font>

<font color="green"> oh yeah, and btw, does it have a slight color mismatch like a E2eHA and KL1 combo?? </font>

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">3lu??? thats like quite pathatic if u ask me....just y cant they be 15lu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif??....is 3 supposed to be the optimum energy saving level or something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif</font>

<font color="green"> oh yeah, and btw, does it have a slight color mismatch like a E2eHA and KL1 combo?? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
The light is called the A2 Aviator and is designed to read maps, gauges or other items up close without damaging your night vision. 15 or even 10 lumens would destroy your night vision very fast. Although I agree it would be a nice to have a 15 lumen option as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts