Fenix P1D-CE w/Orange Peel Reflector

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a new Fenix P1D-CE with the orange peel reflector, and I just have to say...

...Please Fenix, please! Make all of your lights with this reflector when using a Cree LED. What a great job it does of smoothing out the beam! I have favored the Seoul LED's because of the beam that they produce but the beams with Cree's and OP reflectors are pretty fantastic.

Now, I just can't wait to get a P1D-CE with a Q5 binned Cree:twothumbs

I have been very impressed with Fenix lights especially now that the Cree version has a nice beam.

The output on Medium is the same to my eyes as my Ti PD-S Mizer but it is tiny and very light-weight... it might make it's way into my pocket more and more now.

-Goatee

wintermute

Enlightened
Yes, new Fenix lights with the OP reflectors are very nice. Put a WC tint Q4 emitter in it today - pics are here. Very happy with the beam quality from this!! Very happy. The WC tint makes it soooo much better to my eyes. Throw seems fine still as well. Love the design of the Fenix light overall. L1D nice and small, L2D when I want more grip and brighter Turb0...Q4 Cree makes it even that much better. Definitely A+

patycake57

Newly Enlightened
I really like the MOP reflector in my P2DCESEQ2. It looks like it is a standard option now for most lights (P3D, P2D/L1/2D, P1D, P1 CE) for those of us who prefer less throw over better quality beam for closer up work.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
goat - we now have all cree lights with the option of MOP texture :)
We may phase out the smooth reflectors but it's hard to say - lots of
LEO and military folks are complaining about the MOP reducing spot intensity.
It's hard to handle double the inventory, but we'll see. :p

You suggested Q5's - well, the Q2 special edition was quite a challenge
to make available and it was more hassle than anything else. Plus
it hurts non-Q2 sales... and then the suggestion of Q5's messes everything up.
I know CPF is quite a special group. At any rate, given that Q5 emitters
are rarer than hens teeth and cost around $30 each, we'll just let the modders
deal with the smaller "bleeding edge" demand :p

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will you be selling the MOP reflector seperately as an upgrade for the older(SMO) lights?
DON
Yes, once supply meets the demands for the lights, we'll carry them. Possibly by the end of July. But keep in mind once you open your light
your warranty is void. :p

sclemin1

Newly Enlightened
I just put a Q4 WH in a P2D Q2 and am a little disappointed. The WH tint is a little too warm. Testing it with ceiling bounce, it might put out a little more light than the Q2 but the warmish color gives a first impression that it's not very bright.

The ceiling bounce test tells me it's brighter but not by much.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens,

It is good to hear that you have them! I just bought a P3D dressed in black with the textured reflector from your shop.

Pick me out a good one with a nicely centered LED:naughty:

-Goatee

wintermute

Enlightened
The design of the Fenix head makes it almost impossible now to not center the emitter.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
I would like to second Goatee's post. PM sent to 4 7s. Currently impatiently awaiting my textured P3D.