Anyone with the ASP Triad (tri-LED)?

steve_vance

Enlightened
just use the search function on the word "triad". A few months back I posted a large review of the Triad. There have also been several threads since then that referred to it.

northjames

Newly Enlightened
I have one and I love it. Very bright, good mix of flood and throw. The center hotspot is intense, while the sidespill/corona is more than adequate for navigating. Construction is very high quality. I especially like the grip, it has the ASP foam on it and would not make your hand cold on a cold night.

Enlightened
I have one and I love it. Very bright, good mix of flood and throw. The center hotspot is intense, while the sidespill/corona is more than adequate for navigating. Construction is very high quality. I especially like the grip, it has the ASP foam on it and would not make your hand cold on a cold night.

Do you by any chance have a Surefire L2 or L4? I'm wondering how it compares..

FASTCAR

Banned
I had the first ASP triad here that I know of.
Long story short..after cleaning contacts ( alot) I like this light alot.
MY fav. clickey, nice size and decent beam pattern and quite bright.
Overall a very very nice light, better then most in its size range.

That all said , I also wrote I think the retail is a bit high.I would get a Wolf Eyes cree first.

If Wolf Eyes did not exist and I wanted a cree 2x123 size ..this would be my pick of lights.It is much nicer then all the "chiwan" :crackup: made lights I.M.O.

Has very good regulation. Rock steady output..then blinks a few times..then a "moon mode" for a bit.

Does had a wierd spongy grip area that some die hard CPFrs may bit*ch about.I dont mind.

***Make sure to REALLY clean head contact and spring with DeOxit.Mine also had a ..umm..coating or overspray on the spring I had to scrape off.
My first review I stated the light was so-so. After cleaning it gained night and day amount of lumens.
**Spring should be silver /chrome NOT black powder coat.
Perhaps because mine was 1 of the first.

Hope this helps

My 2cents

FASTCAR

Banned
Oops
As far as L2 and L4

Not quite as floody, but MUCH more output and runtime.

IMO Lux 5s are like 1988 chevy I.R.O.C.s...nice when it came out...but now it should be off the road and retired ...the new stuff is just better.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I have the new Triad and absolutely love it.
erfect mix of flood and throw.
kinda like a mini milky M375:)

northjames

Newly Enlightened
Do you by any chance have a Surefire L2 or L4? I'm wondering how it compares..

I had an L4 that I sold. Surefire just never did it for me. They are good lights, but I never liked them.

ASP triad has a helluva lot more throw, but more than adequate spill. Steve Vance's review is the best in terms of describing the beam. Kind of a cone. Very intense hotspot, with a huge corona/sidespill area that is also bright. Outside of that is a less bright sidespill area that comes 180 that illuminates your field of view.

If you are looking to mount this light on a duty belt, shoot me a PM. I may have found a suitable holster for this light, I can let you know when I receive it if it fits the ASP triad.

James