Has anyone Seouled a Pierce M10?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone even remember the M10, or Pierce (the manufacturer), for that matter? Their website is still up, and says that the M10 has been discontinued. I haven't heard anything about them in months. :shrug:

Anyhow, I quite liked the M10 and even EDCed it for a while, and it's been on my mind lately. I'm considering Seouling it to see if that gives it new life. So, has anyone done that? Was it a breeze, a pain, or somewhere in between?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
dunno, the circuit looks like no harder to get out than an HDS. If you wanna get together(I'm in the area) and try a hand on modding it I got an M10 as well as a bunch of Seoul USWOH emitters.

where does it say that it's discontinued?

Nick

Last edited:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK the light engine can be unscrewed from the back. I have accidentally unscrewed it once and it came loose but I screwed it back in tight.

I've got a small tipped 6-w soldering iron, I'll give it a try next time I go home(in my parent's house)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK the light engine can be unscrewed from the back. I have accidentally unscrewed it once and it came loose but I screwed it back in tight.

I've got a small tipped 6-w soldering iron, I'll give it a try next time I go home(in my parent's house)
Unscrewed how? The furthest I've gotten is removing the bezel to change the optic.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. I have done two so far. One used the stock optic system, while I modified a Khatod 17mm smooth reflector for the other. The reflector had to have material removed from the back to fit into the Pierce head. The modded Pierce lights are bright beyond belief.

I hope to get a pictorial of the mod uploaded here in the next few days. It is the light that used the optic, but the reflector modification is really easy. It simply requires a lot of sanding on the back side to clearance the bevels in the Pierce's head. Once you try to seat the reflector, you will see what I am talking about.

Here are just a few shots of the mod that I just did for a CPF'er;

100_2161.jpg

100_2162.jpg

100_2168.jpg

100_2170.jpg

100_2172.jpg

This is a LOT of bang for the buck.

datiLED

hawkz

Newly Enlightened
Hey, that's my Pierce that datiLED modified! :D

I should be playing with it by the end of the week he says.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool stuff, datiLED! Did you just AA the Seoul where the Lux was, or did you have to AA/shim/AA?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool stuff, datiLED! Did you just AA the Seoul where the Lux was, or did you have to AA/shim/AA?

TigerhawkT3,

I simply swap out the emitters, as you do not want to damage the dome of the Seoul.

The trick in doing this swap is to scribe around the circumference of the Luxeon with a sharp instrument to leave yourself a centering reference mark for the Seoul. Then, I sand the base of the Seoul with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper, and apply a thin layer of AA to the area inside the scribed circle. I seat the LED and center it within the reference scribe. I test the Seoul for continuity while it is drying. I also test it again before resoldering the leads.

It looks like I may not have time to get the swap pictorial up this week. My work load has increased tremendously, and I still like to spend some time with the family each evening. If I get an hour, or two this weekend, I may get all of the information together.

datiLED

yclo

Flashaholic*
I just did a mod on a Pierce today, the optics in it is marked Fraen. Does anyone know the model number for the optics?

-YC

moses

Enlightened
This tiny little sucker is running about 1 amp actual tested. Efficiency must be pretty high as it's going near 1 hours on a new cell.

Problem is that all the latest units before it was discontinued have EPOXIED heads. I would dearly love to have someone take an epoxied unit apart and mode it with the latest Seoul....or Cree....or....

At that max power output (switchable to 400ma), it will be an incredible powerhouse.

Anyone care to help with this project?

Mo

moses

Enlightened
By the way, this thing works with Fraen, NX-01, NX-05. I have the NX-01 in mine and it's my fav.

Mo

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
By the way, this thing works with Fraen, NX-01, NX-05. I have the NX-01 in mine and it's my fav.

Mo

It also works great with NO optic as a mini-Mule:rock:, I use mine (Seouled) this way for reading in bed (on batteries that won't even light up my Gatlight V3 or HDS U60-Seoul). With a fresh battery on the 400ma setting it's an amazing even wash of light, effective even out to about 20 feet.

~Chip