Lost my gladius ; (

ilyailya

Newly Enlightened
well as sad as it is, i have lost my MODDED gladius night ops. No one returned it. I am not really sure where i lost it, i think it was running to a call and bend down or something. I wanted to get a new holdster and should have done it( enclosed nylon or leather. My rubber strap ripped on the u-lock holster, and I was thinking I can go another day w/o one . But since i had it in front when i would bend down it would force the light out of the u lock holster. I guess thats how I lost it.

Well after few days of crying, I am just using a modded maglite 2c with 3 cr 123's I doubt i ll end up spending another 180 bux on a new gladius. Might have to go with a strion or something of that sort. Or just keep maglite 2c

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAAAAARGGGGGGGGG... :sick2:

Aw, man, I totally feel for you.

Maybe if you remember your serial number, you could watch eBay for a little while and hopefully it'll turn up. Have you checked everywhere in the area where you lost it, and asked everyone who might have seen it?

Dang. :sigh:

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel for you man, my Gladius was stolen off the front seat of my patrol carwhile I was responding to a call.. I have a Insight Typhoon now. If you buy another get the Tyhpoon exactly the same light but the Typhoon can be purchased cheaper than the Gladius.

ilyailya

Newly Enlightened
I doubt I ll get another expensive light. I really liked the gladius, but I cannot afford another 120 + mod. The light is really great modded with cree led though. Really bright and nice thrower.

NO one returned it . But i am still asking around.
I am thinking maybe to get a strion instead or maybe that cheap golston flashlight that some ppl raved about.

thanks

Enlightened
Made for my Surefire light but also fits the Gladius. It's a tight squeeze but it's definitely not going to fall out during a foot chase.

CT4.jpg

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about the loss. This is why I strongly believe in 550 paracord lanyards with a good lobster claw clip or other quick release device. I do understand as a LEO you may want something very quick draw. For that you can either have a long lanyard (and tuck the extra cord into a pocket) or you could possibly have a second much less expensive light. But as a Gladius owner I really see it as one of the best tactical lights out there. Keep your eyes open and you may find one for a good price.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Dereelight CL1H 2.0? It's $61.50 shipped right now, has momentary forward clicky, and 2-modes (low and high) that's changed independent of the clicky (so you can make it come on in either mode). Not pricey and is bright (Cree or SSC, you choose). HAIII and a bezel-down carry clip. I'm sure it will fit in holsters that fit SFs, PLs, etc.

ilyailya

Newly Enlightened
If all else fails get an Insight H2X. I've seen them for a little as $140 on Ebay.

thats how much i paid for gladius with u lock holster shipped. but then I got the mod for 40 bux which made light almost perfect.

Ohh well now. I will either stick with maglite 2c for now with 3 cr123's or will pick up a small cheapo 10 dollar led light . Or might get something like strion/pelican etc.

any one got any reviews on the golston light?