Calling on praying CPF'ers for some help

missionaryman

Enlightened
Hi all, I am calling on CPF friends for support in prayer for a situation I'm facing.
I am a father of two boys (1 & 2 years old) married and recently resigned from a good job with a huge company I'd been with for 8 years. Things took a turn for the bad for me over there and I took a new job with a much smaller company that is not working out. I've just had my probation extended and I'm on shaky ground.
My wife stays home to look after the kids and if she went out to work her skill level wouldn't earn her any more than the government help we get after paying for childcare. We pay rent and have no savings (still paying for mistakes from my youth)

Basically I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place and looking for a new job, this last incident has really hurt my confidence in myself to perform the type of work I do.
I have sent an application through to GlaxoSmithKline which sounds like a dream job to me, one of my friends at church works there and says I'd be very suitable for the position. I'd love to get this job, I think it would really work out for us. I am of course sending out lots of other applications in the meantime but not getting very many bites.

I'd really appreciate your prayers and support to help me through this time, this trial in my life has been beating down on me for the last 9 months and I really need a break.

Thanks, Luigi

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep positive, you'll pull through. I do not know youre situation at work but you have to think of the family first before yourself. I put up with enough crap in my own job so I undestand. For me its just as simple as showing up. getting the job done the going home leaving it all behind.

Keep it real brother.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luigi,
You and I have collaborated on things trivial compared this predicament. Shall we work together on this one too? You have my support, friendship and prayers.
The temper of fine metal is the result of the refiner's fire and when the Craftsman has finished he leaves his mark upon his perfect creation for he has endowed his creation with a portion of his own being. Through the darkness let you light shine. An idea expressed appropriately for a flashaholic.
K

missionaryman

Enlightened
Thanks all for your care and support, I'm hanging in there and applying for heaps of jobs.

Today I did something I have never done before, I don't know if it was the smartest thing to do but it was driven by honesty. Normally I would not say anything until I have signed a new employment contract and then I'd give the minimum required notice.
BUT! Today for some unknown reason I went in and told my boss that it's probably better if we parted ways and that I should start looking, he agreed and confided that he couldn't see a prospect of me making the cut anyway. I think I have brought this to head but in doing so I may have shortened my time. God help me, at least I'm very employable being highly qualified and with a resume containing 3 ASX top 100 listed companies with a success track record in each one.

I just still need prayers to find a new job, like I said before - I'm not sure I did the right thing today, yes it was the noble thing but it might leave me and my family with no income. However when I did tell him, the world was lifted from off my shoulders and I could once again function.

Over the last 9 or so months I have fought off depression, anxiety and chest pains related to the anxiety - I thought this was my break, the light at the end of the tunnel but now things are uncertain again.

I want to give my family, my boys and my wife everything I can in a good, wholesome environment, I don't care if I starve; as long as I can look after them I'm happy

Mad1

Enlightened
I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Take care.

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
Over the last 9 or so months I have fought off depression, anxiety and chest pains related to the anxiety - I thought this was my break, the light at the end of the tunnel but now things are uncertain again.

I want to give my family, my boys and my wife everything I can in a good, wholesome environment, I don't care if I starve; as long as I can look after them I'm happy

Mate the fact that you fought and still are striving to get there is great, it means you haven't given up. Be strong, and now that decisions have been made work with them or around them because they've ALREADY been made.

Anyone with the strength of character that i see you have will have no problem working things out.

Take care and live each day for the next, dont forget to do your family proud! :D

Mednanu

Enlightened
Hi all, I am calling on CPF friends for support in prayer for a situation I'm facing....Thanks, Luigi

Prayers offered on your behalf amigo. May the Lord's will be done to you and your family, and may He grant you the job and your whole family what you all need to answer His call on your lives !"

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
You should be very proud of the courage it took to be that honest in the face of needing to support your family. You are obviously a good man. While it is human to get upset over your circumstances, trust yourself and lean on those who are stronger right now. They will need your support in their time.

While I'm not as "religious" as I used to be, I just said a prayer asking God to help you. Thanks for sharing something so personal with us.

missionaryman

Enlightened
Guys I want to thank you all for your prayers and support, your kind words and words of direction and encouragement are really helping me get through this. You are all as important a part of my support network as my church and family.
I had a bit of a panic on that last post, I've calmed down a bit since and I'm a lot more positive.
thanking you all again.
Keith - thanks for the email, I'll take a look into that avenue

Zigzago

Enlightened
Today for some unknown reason I went in and told my boss that it's probably better if we parted ways and that I should start looking, he agreed and confided that he couldn't see a prospect of me making the cut anyway. I think I have brought this to head but in doing so I may have shortened my time. God help me, at least I'm very employable being highly qualified and with a resume containing 3 ASX top 100 listed companies with a success track record in each one.

I just still need prayers to find a new job, like I said before - I'm not sure I did the right thing today, yes it was the noble thing but it might leave me and my family with no income. However when I did tell him, the world was lifted from off my shoulders and I could once again function.

For what it's worth, I think you made the right decision. When you have something bad hanging over your head I can testify that it's infinitely better to have a plan and take action rather than helplessly waiting for the hammer to fall.

Good luck to you.

missionaryman

Enlightened
For what it's worth, I think you made the right decision. When you have something bad hanging over your head I can testify that it's infinitely better to have a plan and take action rather than helplessly waiting for the hammer to fall.

Good luck to you.
thank you - very well put and very reassuring to know.