Pocket / Hat Clip Source?

oronocova

Enlightened
Hello,
Does anyone know of a good source where one could buy clips to go on smaller (or larger) flashlights? I have tried searching CPF and online in general but was unable to come up with a good solution. I found one knife-making website that sold ones that attached with screws. But, just to to a few lights I can't see buying the clips, screws, and the tools to tap the flashlight body. Ideally I'd like to think you could find something like the pocket clips that are sold for pens/pencils. They simply snap around the barrel of the pen, or in this case a flashlight. I don't know if, in this case, the clip would be stout enough to hold the light under the bill of a cap though. Any ideas? Seems like something ought to be out there, I guess it is just hard to find...

TIA
-Jon

Deffenhazad

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

After ordering a holster, my thoughts began wandering down this route, something as seen on

2sjsdo

Sorry, Can't remember who owns the forsale thread I stole this from

Looks like a ring that fits in the thread..

Dave

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
MagLite sells an accessory kit for the MiniMags that includes a steel clip. Slips on, and might scratch the coating, so be careful. I guess that it could be made to fit most AA lights easily.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
MagLite sells an accessory kit for the MiniMags that includes a steel clip. Slips on, and might scratch the coating, so be careful. I guess that it could be made to fit most AA lights easily.

That's more like an oversized pen clip. It fits securely on Mini-Mags, but I'm not sure the same can be said for other AA lights.

Other than buying a flashlight with a clip already on it, I know of no commercial source for carry-clips. Except the above-mentioned Maglite pen clip.

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
There is a pen clip with a spring collar that might expand enough. I am not sure if this is the one I'm thinking of. (Also here UK, and here US.). Another manufacturer.

I also vaguely recall seeing a sleeve that locked onto round objects using an allen key. If you could braze or weld a clip to that, you'd have a solution. Heck, if you are not looking for pretty, you could use a hose clamp :)

Berkeley Point has a kit to add a collar and tab to either Minimags or Surefire; you might be able to work from that. Surefire also makes lanyards for most of its lights - the kit includes a collar and tab that could be useful.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen a few threads in the past dedicated to this topic and have been wanting AA-size light clips for myself also.

On my Jetbeam, I'm using a clip I took off a Nuwai TM-313X that no longer works, but the clip is pretty flimsy and allows the light to slide out of my pocket when I'm sitting down (like in the car where my knees are higher than my butt). Another clip I might use is the one from my Gerber IU, but it's a bit large and I'd prefer something smaller.

Considering how many custom machined parts float around CPF, I'm surprised someone hasn't already made clips for AA-size lights. It would seem the number of Fenix owners alone would justify the mfr of the clips, plus all the other AA-size lights.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Considering how many custom machined parts float around CPF, I'm surprised someone hasn't already made clips for AA-size lights. It would seem the number of Fenix owners alone would justify the mfr of the clips, plus all the other AA-size lights.

Got to admit, my River Rock 1 watt, 1AA (made by Nuwai) could easily be mistaken for a Fenix light, complete with a reverse clickie.... until you notice the pocket-carry clip. Those Fenix lights are screaming for carry-clips. Nuwai has shown that making one is not difficult.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Friend and fellow flashaholic bondr006 just gave me one of those clips from the RR 1 AA. It seems to work pretty well on the Rexlight, keeping it from weighing down a pocket. It is too bad that good clips in different sizes aren't available. I suppose there really wouldn't be a very big market for them.

Geoff