LED bins.....Say What??

Gaffle

Enlightened
Sooooooo, I think I am about to mod my propoly. The problem is that I know nothing about LED bins. Nothing, nadda, zip. I tried doing a search in the forum for bins but I came across a error.

For example, I want to buy a Seoul emitter to replace the luxeon in my propoly, but what emitter SHOULD I buy. T-bin vs U-bin.

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.138

Here are 2 Seoul emitters. The U-bin is more expensive than the T-bin. One side of me says, "Hey, one is more expensive than the other, therefore the expensive one is the BETTER one." I know I should buy the U-bin, but I want to know what this bin/SWOK/SLDKJF stuff is.

:anyone:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think the T bin is 50%(?) more efficient then a Luxeon LED while the U bin is 100% more efficient then a Luxeon LED.

SWO = About 6050 K, a bit on the cool side.

This might help(Or confuse you more).

I find it funny that their warmest tint LED is labeled as SUN.

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
start here:
http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/index.htm
with explanation to Luxeons,

in short: in the middle there is total white, any switch to the outside colors and the bin changes.

then try to find that post in cpf, where someone has taken the colored background info, put the Lux binning and Cree binning over - to get a comparison

protein_man

Newly Enlightened
Hi just modded my propolymer 4aa yesterday with a seoul U bin. The results are well worth the effort!!!! Theres a guide floating aroud somewhere wriiten by gryloc, great guide!

I only had to cut 2 slits in my aluminum piece to split it, I did them 90 degrees apart if this helps you at all.

msxtr

Newly Enlightened
Hi, you can see my beamshots of seoul T-bin and U-bin models. For comparison well, center the first image with the center of your monitor, and next, press the buttom Av pag and Re pag like this you could see the difference between both leds.

T-bin

tbin4vk1.jpg

U-bin

ubin4to0.jpg

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

wintermute

Enlightened
Hi, you can see my beamshots of seoul T-bin and U-bin models. For comparison well, center the first image with the center of your monitor, and next, press the buttom Av pag and Re pag like this you could see the difference between both leds.

T-bin

tbin4vk1.jpg

U-bin

ubin4to0.jpg

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

HAHAHAHAHAHA....:crackup: :poke:

Gaffle

Enlightened
I think the T bin is 50%(?) more efficient then a Luxeon LED while the U bin is 100% more efficient then a Luxeon LED.

SWO = About 6050 K, a bit on the cool side.

This might help(Or confuse you more).

I find it funny that their warmest tint LED is labeled as SUN.

*side note*

In the SSC pdf, under code labeling/luminous flux bins, there are bins in alphabetical order. I am curious why that order goes from M to O. Bin codes and the letter N are not friends??