It's Hip To Be Square

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just finished this host up for another CPF member. It was made for a FM 4x14670 holder with the charging plug in the tail. Not quite sure what we're gonna put it in yet.

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

Nebula

Enlightened
Brian - Well done! :twothumbs. She has come a long way from that gangling old 6D
ooo.gif
. Can't wait to see what the rest of the pieces look like.

Thanks for the beautiful host light. Now if I can just decide how to make the inside as nice as the outside.

Kirk

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Beautiful job. That looks as nice as I have seen. As talented as you are, there must be some special type of setup that allows inside boring which I have not seen you do.

MrMimizu

Enlightened
Holy smokes. That is sweet.
I didn't know that was possible to do.
Can I get that done on my mag if you haven't started on it?

Actually,are there any other shapes I can choose from?

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent job Brian!! Looks great on the Red Mag……as soon as you get the tools to tri-bore out these Mags I will begin having my paycheck directly sent to you!!!!:D :D :D Will that be a problem?:naughty:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
As talented as you are, there must be some special type of setup that allows inside boring which I have not seen you do.

I can bore for 4x14mm batteries like 14670,14500,AA etc... A mill is required to do Tri-boring which I don't have.

Holy smokes. That is sweet.
I didn't know that was possible to do.
Can I get that done on my mag if you haven't started on it?

Actually,are there any other shapes I can choose from?

See post #21. :)

Excellent job Brian!! Looks great on the Red Mag……as soon as you get the tools to tri-bore out these Mags I will begin having my paycheck directly sent to you!!!!:D :D :D Will that be a problem?:naughty:

Unfortunately a mill is not in the cards in the near future. They are just too darn expensive. But you can still direct your paychecks to me if you want. Then it would be possible to get a mill :whistle: :D.

Last edited:

wintermute

Enlightened
Best mag body I have ever seen for sure...now it just needs one of those extended bezels...but, WOW. Excellent. I want to do a 2xD mod soon - something like this would be amazing.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
PBJS - I like it too! Oh, it's Chrome now. I sent it out to Modamag for a little polish and chrome bath. :D

Actually Kirk that's one I have laying around waiting for something or someone. Remember I made 2 of those. :D

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pics look really good. What kind of cybershot is that?

It's a DSC50, about 6-7 years old. Takes nice pics doesn't it? The main thing is to get your camera into Macro mode. Makes all the difference in the world.