Snow in Buenos Aires !!!!

luigi

Enlightened
Last time this city had snow was in.... 1918 (!!!!!)
Today we had a good snowy afternoon, with people with cameras and others checking their GPSs to see if the continent moved or what.

Not enough for significant acumulation downtown but we had white snow in the suburbs. Everybody is perplexed.

Luigi

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it keeps snowing all night :)

I see white lawns and roofs from my apartment, for my wife and kid it was their first contact with snow ever!
Last week we had about 20C (68F) at midday to give you guys an idea about how rare this is...

Pablo

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
More pics!
We need more pics!
This is so cool!

Took these minutes ago:

nievebaires1.jpg

nievebaires2.jpg

Trivial fact: 1st photo, on the left side of the street light is Diego Maradona parents house :)

Roofs dont show the real magnitude, I can see cars covered in snow.
After dinner we plan to go to a park nearby and take more photos

Pablo

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, just checked and average highs/lows for Buenos Aires is 59/41 degrees F in July and 86/62 for January. That doesn't sound like a bad place to live at all. Summers a little hot but not too bad and moderate winters. I always thought from up here in North America, it would be nice to visit South America during our wintertime. As much as I dislike the cold weather, I dislike the short days as well with it getting dark before supper time so it would be nice to go visit somewhere, where the days are long again.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hot hot does it get in the summer?

Edit: Heh. If I was out in that weather, I'd be wearing either or neither of those jackets. :D

Last edited:

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
I sure hope it keeps up. I am flying into Buenos Aires next Friday for some duck & dove shooting. Sure would be cool to shoot in the snow.

luigi

Enlightened
Hot hot does it get in the summer?

Edit: Heh. If I was out in that weather, I'd be wearing either or neither of those jackets. :D

In the summer temperature is usually around 86F (30C) and humid, it can get up to 35C (95F) due to the humidity the heat index can go beyond 40C on some days (104F).

Snow is over now I guess we'll have to wait 80 years for the next one.

Luigi

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you got to expericence some real snow. Here in Ohio we get it all winter. Most like it until after Christmas then its not so pretty.

Neat pics, thanks for sharing!