Current Surefire Models with Cree LED's

zlf15

Newly Enlightened
I appologize in advance if this is a redundant topic, but I am still unclear about which Surefire lights currently feature Cree LED's. To my knowledge the Surefire website never specifically lists a Cree LED in their lights. I didn't know if LumaMax was synonymous for containing Cree LED's. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also I am considering purchasing the L1 LumaMax and I was wondering if anyone had reccomendations for a similiar alternative light. Thanks.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
"LumaMax" is the SureFire term for an LED light, and isn't emitter specific. The luxeon head will say KL1, whereas the Cree head will say KX1. If there's really no way to tell over the internet, try giving the dealer a call.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking for an alternative to the L1 Cree as well (i.e., small 2 stage 1 CR123 cell cree/seoul light).

Try the Amilite T5 (Seoul), Fenix P2D (Cree), Lumapower LP-Mini/D-Mini/M-3, (Cree), Novatac EDC (soon to be released) (Seoul), and I'm sure I've missed some good ones.

Each has pluses and minuses...

Note, the Cree & Seoul LEDs are so efficient, you might want to consider a AA multistage light - they can be almost as bright as yesterday's high end luxeon 1 CR123 lights and they can be quite a bit cheaper.

zlf15

Newly Enlightened
Where is a good place to order the 2007 L1 LumaMax on-line?

o0o

Enlightened
I know nothing about LED bins.

How good is the efficiency, power, and tint of the XR-E bin?