Fenix modding is fun!

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there!

Tomorrow I'm leaving on a short holiday and this evening I upgraded some of my Fenix lights.

First mod : Fenix L0P | McR17-XR | Cree XR-E low Vf . I got inspired by Kenster ( https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/146949&highlight=lop ) and made about the same modification. I cut down the McR17-XR to fit the L0P (original one, single mode) head and I adapted the head to sport a Cree XR-E. Out of the several XR-E's (still the P4 WH from my group buy) I took one with low Vf (3.03V@350mA) to assure good brightness. I was amazed by the result! The brightness improvement was amazing and the beam profile is very good for having such a small reflector! Great to put on my keychain during traveling!

Second mode : Fenix L2P | Cree lens | Cree XR-E | Badboy Nexgen 500. This L2P had a UX1J LuxIII and a MillerMods circuit (custom made for 700 mA output by 2 NiMH cells) inside. I just wanted to swap the led to the XR-E with a sanded down McR-18 reflector. However there appeared to be something wrong with the MM circuit, so I took it out. Then the Badboy driver was too small so I ended up taking a board from the tail switch and I put the BB on it on 'legs' (about 2-3mm high) to make a good connection. I took the blank MillerMods board to make the tail switch a twisty instead of the reverse clicky. The Badboy fitted right in after some modifications and after the light unit being modified the Cree XR-E also fitted. Then I decided to try to make a Cree optic (the original one) fit and I succeeded to do so. Result : L2P running a Badboy Nexgen 500 with a Cree XR-E (P4 WH) and a very nice tight beam with lots of spill. These optics work really great and in my opinion they beat the McR reflectors!

Now I have two nice lights to take on my trip :) Both have a warm white tint which I really prefer above any other.

I'm sorry I don't have pictures, my camera is broken.

Have fun!

Erasmus.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm wrong forum, should be in 'Homemade and Modified lights'. Can any of the mods move it? Thank you and sorry for the mistake!