• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired I would love to purchase a Mini HID ((FOUND)) thanks jtice

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF,
I would like to purchase a Mini HID in a Maglite body that runs on either CR123A's or AA's.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks

___FOUND___

thanks jtice

Last edited:

strideredc

Enlightened
Re: I would love to purchase a Mini HID

i put a 'would like to buy' on the buy sell trade a while ago and got one within a week.
worth a try...

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let me know what you guys think!
Go for a multiemitter led!
I have a 10 W WA HID I built for biking and, while it sure is bright, its output sux.
Very much on the green side and my single emitter lights seem to be almost as bright (they surely are not, but its the white light).
A three-or-four emitter light, consuming the same power as the HID, will destroy it
(and offers the advantage of being really dimmable, will run cooler, will be more rugged, ...)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a 10 W WA HID I built for biking and, while it sure is bright, its output sux.

...I don't know if I agree with that statement fully. While many of the HIDs I've seen did not live up to my expectations, the 10w versions produced by Mac (Mini-Mini HID and Mini-HID) are fantastic with a MOP reflector.

Good luck in your search.

MSax

jtice

Flashaholic

I have a miniHID mode from the second batch of originals that was made.
It has the 10W WA ballast, has the nice 8AA battery holder, and rear tailcap clickie switch.

Been thinking about selling it actually.....

Nice light, throws real well, I just dont use it, I have other lights I like to use more, and I dont care for the startup time HIDs have.

Yes, its possible to get 500 lumens out of a LED mag mod,
but you wont be able to get it to throw a beam like the HIDs.

~John