SUREFIRE L1 Cree 3rd Gen.....Can it run on a Rechargeable CR123 ?

faco

Enlightened
This question has been asked before in other threads but hasn't been answered yet, I have only read that the AW RCR123 don't fit in the tube. Anyone tried other brands to see if they fit or know if rechargeables work with the new gen3 SF L1 ????

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read that the SF 123s are a tight fit, so probably not. I'd buy this light today if it ran on rechageables.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Battery Station RCR123A's. They've fit in every CR123A-powered light I've tried so far. I don't have one of the new E1L, E2L or L1's to try yet, but I've used them in E2E and L4 bodies with no problems.

Hans

Enlightened
Try the Battery Station RCR123A's. They've fit in every CR123A-powered light I've tried so far. I don't have one of the new E1L, E2L or L1's to try yet, but I've used them in E2E and L4 bodies with no problems.

The next interesting question is how much the maximum voltage of the new heads is.

Hans

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
The next interesting question is how much the maximum voltage of the new heads is.

The KX1 tops out at 3.0v. No one has posted any information on the maximum voltage of the L1 or KX2. If and when any details emerge, they will be added to the data compilation I maintain (see sig or URL).

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are those protected?