New Home for protected 18650's: DX U-2?

JeepmanCJ8

Newly Enlightened
I'm a INCAN junkie, but I am now exploing this led/cree world. I have a pair of protected "Tenergy" 18650's that will not power up any of my incan lights due to the current draw and I am told that I should consider using them in a LED light. Will these protected 18650's work in Deal extreme's U2-style 3W CREE od the EYJ CREE 3W lights. Please advise and thanks in advance. I know I am going about this backwards by looking for a light for my batteries rather than batt's for my light.

:shrug:
Jeepman

bspofford

Enlightened
I'm a INCAN junkie, but I am now exploing this led/cree world. I have a pair of protected "Tenergy" 18650's that will not power up any of my incan lights due to the current draw and I am told that I should consider using them in a LED light. Will these protected 18650's work in Deal extreme's U2-style 3W CREE od the EYJ CREE 3W lights. Please advise and thanks in advance. I know I am going about this backwards by looking for a light for my batteries rather than batt's for my light.

:shrug:
Jeepman

I have a number of EYJ "U2-Style CREE" lights from DX, and they are great lights. All but one comfortably accommodate various protected 18650 cells. Removing the small sticker inside the battery tube takes it from slightly snug to slightly loose. Again, this is perhaps the best buy in an 18650 light that I have ever found.

JeepmanCJ8

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I am going to order the EYJ Cree. Where do these ship from on Deal Extreme? Are they US or based in China?

bspofford

Enlightened
Thanks, I am going to order the EYJ Cree. Where do these ship from on Deal Extreme? Are they US or based in China?

They ship from China, and it takes about three or four weeks. If you read the description on DX, there is a lot of critical information about regulation and defective reflectors. They fixed these problems, and I think the light is a five star $24 light. Another light that you might consider is the $27 EYJ-18WF 3.6-9.0V light. It is also bright, well-made and takes protected 18650 cells.

KnOeFz

Enlightened
I agree with the above people. Nothing bad to say about the U2-style ligh. It's built like a tank and very very bright! Good machining, proper working (reverse) clicky switch, nice 2 stages, nice machining etc. Very nice buy for a 18650 led light.