two propolymers

Wmpy

Newly Enlightened
:duh2:There seems to be two streamlight 4AA propolymer flashlights. One with a lexeon lamp and one with 7 leds. Which is brighter? I get conflicting ratings on the one with 7 leds.:thinking:

Bearcat

Enlightened
:duh2:There seems to be two streamlight 4AA propolymer flashlights. One with a lexeon lamp and one with 7 leds. Which is brighter? I get conflicting ratings on the one with 7 leds.:thinking:

The one with the luxeon LED has more throw and is by far the most popular light. The 7 LED has more of an area light with a very long run-time. I have heard that the 7 LED light is over driven causing the LEDs to burn out prematurely. I have not had any problems out of mine and if I do Streamlight will take care of it.:twothumbs

Sarratt

Enlightened
The one you want is the SINGLE BULB or L.E.D ..... many people here swear by it. Not the 7 bulb light.

Choose "luxeon"

I don't think there is a better "thrower" with a one watt LED.

saildude

Newly Enlightened
I had a short email exchange with Streamlight on the 7 LED version and the early LED failures - I was assured that Streamlight had addressed the issue

(they started is would seem with a low ohm resistor value that did lots of light but was overdriven)

Newuser01

Enlightened
They are very different lights for what it is used for.

I have both and I use them both for a long time.

7 led is a close up work lights that can go where no other lights are useful.

Lux is more spotter than actual work light even though I have used it as such.

Remember to think what are you going to be using them for and get the one that is suitable.

Regards.
noob

Wmpy

Newly Enlightened
Pelican has a similar model with what I think is a better switch arangement. Does anyone have any input on this one? model 2410

katx

Newly Enlightened
fox-intl.com has two version of the luxeon. Look here:

http://fox-intl.com/item.asp?id=338

One is Division 1 for $31, the other Division 2 for $24-27.

Anyone knows the difference? I have three of these. How do I find out which version I have?

Thanks.

saildude

Newly Enlightened
I have a Pelican 2410 Recoil - happy with it - beam is similar but not the same as the ProPolly4AA - the switch is a nicer placement for me - right under my thumb - I have several of the funny clicky ones on the end of the light and have never quite got the hang of using any of them - but thankfully for most flashlight use and the average person the on and off is not real frequent.

The only downside of the 2410 is that the switch can turn on if it is loose in a bag - I made a padded sock like cover for the 2410 and that solves the switch flipping.

the cover is two layers of orange Sunbrella with a 1/8 inch layer of closed cell foam in the center - that also makes the light float if dropped overboard so I got a twofer.

See flashlightreviews.com for the reviews of both lights - that should also help you make a decision - neither light is bad IMHO

mb

Sarratt

Enlightened
Just so it's clear.

The "7 L.E.D" is a light that is "floodly" . It will light up general area.
The Luxeon is more a beam of light. It's known for it's "throw" Due to the design of the ProPolymer the beam is rather strong and concentrated.

Most people chose the Luxeon light.

There is no better 1 watt light.