CMG Sonic

avusblue

Enlightened
I'm really interested in the coming CMG Sonic. Google yields nothing. Can anyone update us or show pics on the CMG Sonic? (perhaps SHOT show goers?)

Is it like a junior version of the Infinity (smooth barrel, knurled tip)? What color? Peter Gransee previously commented that he thought it probably wouldn't be regulated (thumbs down to that if it's true!) Inquiring minds want to know . . . .

BTW, I'm liking my CMG Infinity more and more each day. It's become my bedside table light, as its wider barrel makes it stand with more stability (and makes it more easily "grabbable") than the otherwise more likeable Arc AAA.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tough decision?!?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif BUY both !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I am planning on giving up food for Lint.

DLG

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned in Flashaholics Get Together, CMG says details of the Sonic "soon" on their website. For sale, starting in May.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
I also want to know! It looks like it's going to a tough decision when the Inova X1 comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right! I can't wait intil the Inova X1 comes out myself. Still, I really want to see this new CMG Sonic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
CMG Sonic Photo

Here's a very low res photo of the CMG Sonic as it was displayed at Shot 2003. The Sonic sits atop a clear lucite pedestal, and is held in position by an aligator clip.

16801450-6553-014000F0-.jpg

The Sonic in no way matches the precision of the ARC AAA... I was told it uses the same electrornics as the ULTRA... at best, standard annodize finish.

The Innova X1 is a scaled down version of the 5X, noting that the X1 has but one LED. The X1 at 3.70 inches in length is too large to be used as a keychain lignt

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Re: CMG Sonic Photo

Thanks for the pic! Is it roughly the same size as the Arc AAA or is it longer like the Mag Solitaire?

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Tough decision?!?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif BUY both !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I am planning on giving up food for Lint.

[/ QUOTE ]What was I thinking.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif..I should know better by now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

DLG

Newly Enlightened

Perhaps this was a pre-production model, just to have something to show @ the show. ;-)

avusblue

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After a few days of eating Lint, you'll probably want to return to Food. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
I was at the SHOT Show and handled the Sonic AAA. It looks very futuristic and is about as bright as an Arc AAA. The Sonic is about same size as an Arc AAA but, is about 1/4 inch longer and slightly thicker at the bottom end. In contrast to the Arc AAA and CMG Infinity, the Sonic turns on at the back end of the light by twisting the end cap. The Sonic has a black powder coat and is very smooth with minimal nurling. The Sonic AAA should retail around $20 and be available in March or April. I will find out tomorrow when the Sonic will be available.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Thanks for the update. I've got to get one of those. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
avusblue said:
After a few days of eating Lint, you'll probably want to return to Food. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, The Doctor said that I needed more fiber in my diet...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Tesla

Enlightened

I don't get it...all I get is an ad for Club Photo????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
I just spoke with CMG. They are redesigning the knurling on the Sonic AAA so that it will be less slippery. I will post a photo as soon as I receive one from CMG.

Mr. Ted Bear, if you e-mail me the photo of the Sonic, I can host it on my server so the photo can be displayed on CPF.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

That Sonic looks nice. Any idea when they'll be available?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting. I wonder if it will be competition for the Arc AAA? It seems kind of unlikely IMO, but it might find it's niche (especially if it uses a unique switch setup).

-Mike

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I think it was designed very much to be in competition with the Arc AAA and CMG has the advantage of being able to meet a price point to get their products into brick and mortor store. You may recall Peter Gransee's comments of CMG initially filing a lawsuit against Arc.

If CMG's claim of 12 hours of full brightness is true then either the light is much dimmer then an Arc or it is not regulated.