Is this Mod possible? [video inside]

Mad1

Enlightened
I can foresee some melting going on. :laughing:

defusion

Enlightened
easy, you got the right voltage if you get the batteries to fit, and you got right output if you can get a high output bulb to fit.
but because of the costs of batteries, it would probably be better to buy a maxfire or a sf G2 or similar, at least you get a warranty and such. just as expensive in the long run.

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
Yes, and it's been discussed before. See also this write-up:
http://www.instructables.com/id/ER7TZF3F1L8VZ3O/

The consensus seems to be try it if it interests you. If you just want a bright flashlight, look for the $16.99 Maxfire at any Target, or an all-metal equivalent from DealExtreme or Kaidomain. I have the WF-502B ($13) and love it; the CREE led version is $18. Non-rechargeable batteries run as low as $1.00 if you buy a dozen - and you'll need to, since you get about 60 minutes of runtime from a pair. Protected rechargeables run $5/pair, and an $8 charger is needed.

Beer

Enlightened
Yeah it works...works pretty well too.

Easy enough to do, but yeah I still got a Brinkman Maxfire LX. The ol' ray-o-vac just sits on the shelf.

Mad1

Enlightened
Indeed It wouldnt It would be far to hot. I would say In 30 second bursts It would be ok.

Now to try the ROP hi bulb. ;)

As others have said many times before Yes it works. And yes it is bright. And Yes it is fun. And Yes I have one or two and use them often. And Yes I melted one down in less than three minutes. Be careful!

Mad1

Enlightened
For some reason the ROP hi bulb didnt work with 2 17500's

Beer

Enlightened
Well, I ran mine for an hour straight and nothing melted.

Those KPR112 bulbs dont really get that hot, NOWHERE NEAR my ROP's