Surefire Black HA

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened
I've stumbled upon a few Japanese websites selling surefires (can't think of which ones right now) but I've noticed that in some pics, that black HA is more readily available than here in the US... Even the new CREE'd Surefires are black. I would love to have all my Surefire's in black.

So what's the deal? Just an exclusive Japan thing, or...?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Note that sometimes natural HA can look almost black in photographs.
I think this is what you're seeing on www.SureFire.jp for example.

That said, any SureFire Dealer can order quantities of products with special anodising, laser etching, a different component etc - They just have to invest in a sufficiently large order (and hope they will sell them), and SureFire has to be in a position to create the product desired (this can be an issue because SureFire is very busy).

There is certainly a desire in Asia for Black HA SureFire and importantly this desire is backed by willingness of SureFire fans to spend money. I get the impression that the American market is less/un able to support this type of niche product for various reasons.

Al

Last edited:

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened
Interesting... I guess I have to speak to a few dealers:D

It's not just the pic thing though, on more than one website, they offered both natural HA and black HA as options on more than one light. (as in they have both versions)

I need to move to Japan:crackup:

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the provided website, and just wondering, does local law enforcement really use mp5 SDs?

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened
I would love to post links, but I didn't bookmark them(wish I did), and just randomly came across them.

I'm sure people here have noticed this as well (I hope)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well I've seen E1e and E2e in Black HA, KL4 and I'm sure also KL1 in Black HA.
A2 (old style)
L1 ("gen 1" LuxeonI version)

I've not seen a new KX1 or KX2, or new L1 in Black HA though.

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened
Well I've seen E1e and E2e in Black HA, KL4 and I'm sure also KL1 in Black HA.
A2 (old style)
L1 ("gen 1" LuxeonI version)

I've not seen a new KX1 or KX2, or new L1 in Black HA though.

Probably old pics, advertising the newer versions... couldnt make out the new "KX1" "KX2" markings. I hope that black HA is out there for the newer ones

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Note that sometimes natural HA can look almost black in photographs.
I second that, I recently bought a used SF L7 from a CPF member, and in the pics on the sale forum, the light definitely looks black, although it's green HA. It depends on the skill of the photographer, and the web editor, to agree that what's seen on screen represents real life accurately. The person placing the images on the internet might have no idea what colour the flashlight should be, and may not actually care.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its the Ninja influence! HA-HA, before anyone flames me I am of Japanese decent.

BANZAI-BANZAI-BANZAI!!!

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Black anodising is cool...But I read / heard, noticed from my own experiences its not as quite as hare wearing as nat, and I'm talking E2D HA Black.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Is/has the black E2e always been HA?
That I'm aware of, no, the E1e and E2e have not been released in standard black.

Has there been/is there a black E1L or E2L?
Not that I'm aware of.Update: It appears the old E1L (KL1) has been made in Black HA

And BTW, the L4 has never been released as Black HA either.
However, both the KL1 and KL4 have been produced in black HA (for the ScoutLight) so you can make your own should you desire. They both look super cool in my opinion (and I ain't humble about that! ;) )

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I gathered together some photos and info on the black HA E-Series here
It is likely that the E1L and E2L (both old and current/new versions) are too new for Black HA versions (for example, a limited run batch of each) to be ordered by a Distributor
UPDATE:
I was wrong - It appears the old E1L (KL1) has been made in Black HA

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
So the black HA E1e and E2e were special orders???
It's a grey area. From what I can tell SureFire produce a batch once in a while when they get a chance, and they get sold to / purchased by interested distributors/dealers who SureFire know are going to be interested