What is your best lost a flashlight story?

bigcozy

Enlightened
I was talking to another CPFer and we got to swapping stories along this line, here is mine:

I had just gotten a SF E2GM, this is when the E2 has just come out, it was less than a week old. I loved it and traded off my two 6P's and my G2 as soon as I got it, I didn't need anything else (I thought). Anyway we were spending a week on my boat and late at night we felt a huge bump on the hull that woke us both up. So I go out and the first thing I check is the outdrives, they are the lowest thing in the water. I love the way a strong light can pentrate water deep enough to check all the way to the prop. So I bend over the railing and I am looking at the outdrives and I slip, just a little, but enough to try to grab something. Plop. The really sick thing is when the light hit the water the tail cap was locked on, so I could see it until it got about 15 feet deep. It was a couple of weeks before they became plentiful enough to even find another one. I got really serious about lanyards on my lights and knives after that.

Cozy

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a sick feeling to lose a very expensive light that way. The only worse way would be if you were rapelling down a very deep hole (deep caving) and it drops off your belt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif. Of course, if you see it stop, then bounce up and down: get out of there immediately!!

Fortunately, I have not lost a flashlight (yet). I have wanted to throw one or two, just to get rid of them (the old heave ho).

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
oh boy...

i have lost many mini-*ags (before i realized there were better things), but other than the $11 lost, it wasn't that big of a deal.

then i lost a lightwave 4000, i was devastated!! in the end though, maybe it was for the good, as i started searching the internet for good lights and found this place.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost? How about destroyed?

The ultimate excuse: My dog ate my Photon III. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just lost a BB500 in a blue mini Mag but I don't know how or where. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I had the cleaners get most of my Surefire goodies while I languished away in a "nursing home" during the last three months of 2002. Looks like they got my M3 Combatlight, C2 Centurion, two Nitrolon G2Zs (all with HOLAs) and a couple of E2s. Not to mention a pile of Surefire P60 and P61 lamp assemblies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
And let's not forget my KL2 and KL3 bezels, along with modded LS lights that fit in Maglite and Brinkmann bodies, some assorted LED flashlights, and a hopped-up green laser pointer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

So I'm really going out on a limb here and saying "The Great Flashlight Heist Of 2002" is my best entry to this "Lost a Flashlight" thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

craig, that story makes my blood <font color="brown"> burn </font> every time i hear it.

have you considered legal action? would you like me to offer my *cough* hitmanservices? *cough* *cough*

D

**DONOTDELETE**

[ QUOTE ]
I had the cleaners get most of my Surefire goodies while I languished away in a "nursing home" during the last three months of 2002. Looks like they got my M3 Combatlight, C2 Centurion, two Nitrolon G2Zs (all with HOLAs) and a couple of E2s. Not to mention a pile of Surefire P60 and P61 lamp assemblies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
And let's not forget my KL2 and KL3 bezels, along with modded LS lights that fit in Maglite and Brinkmann bodies, some assorted LED flashlights, and a hopped-up green laser pointer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

So I'm really going out on a limb here and saying "The Great Flashlight Heist Of 2002" is my best entry to this "Lost a Flashlight" thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
dammit! I hope you file a police report with the names of the 'cleaners'.
I was among the ones who suggested the cleaning be done, so I feel partly responsible, I am really sorry. I thought your mother was watching the cleaners carefully. I guess they just snuck some stuff out under her nose in those boxes of 'trash' they 'threw out' ?
The folks who posted that cleaning the apartment in your absence was the wrong thing to do were right, after all.. Would you like everything replaced, or cash, or what? Maybe we can keep a running list of what you get replaced and what you still need. I'll certainly contribute what I can...sorry sorry sorry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
I'd like to share myself behind Ted... If there is anything missing that shouldn't be, please mention it.
Of course I still hope Ella made a note of who were cleaning, but you should not suffer!

I, and I'm sure many of us, feel obliged (sp) to get you back to where you were... Including flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
TedtheLed said:
dammit! I hope you file a police report with the names of the 'cleaners'.
I was among the ones who suggested the cleaning be done, so I feel partly responsible, I am really sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame yourself Ted, this wasn't your fault!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Green lasers, flashlights, batteries, argon glow bubs, bags of LEDs, and the like can be replaced, but people cannot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Remember too that this comes from somebody who's playing a Cars Panorama disc on the CD-RW of a Dell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Craig! Hey bud!
But I do, somewhat, just a little bit, feel responsible..now that I think about it, I don't think I'll ever 'vote' again to send unknowns into another person's lair in their absence; too many precious memories, in whatever form they may take, to lose.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I know, I've had similar happen to me.

Why aren't you looking through boxes dude?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif But, really, I hope you get help to look through them and that the lights turn up.
Keep us posted, OK? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Arag,
woe, just a moment there. The lights may not be stolen..did you read all the posts? the lights are turning up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ;

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB22&Number=185165&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1

..and Aragorn rememeber what Yoda said;
"Fear I see in you, and fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering." (hey waddaya want from an 800-year-old f@rt?) <<NOT an email address /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif <<
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hmmm, i didn't get a response from your guy's e-mail adresses /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...he must be momentarily indisposed ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Latest posts