LED Drop in questions????

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
which cree drop in??

I have found alot of threads about cree drop-in for SureFire and other lights.

But not one that quite answers my question...

I have a SF 9P on the way, and want a cree drop in for it.
Would like one thats really bright, tint more to the yellow rather than white/blue. Im going to run the light with 3 x CR123A alt 2 x 17500 batts.

There are to many diffrent drop in led out there! Im totally lost...please help :candle:

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Re: which cree drop in??

Thanks alot! will check up on these!

As soon as I recieve my new 9P!

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I am looking for a "quality" Cree or Seoul drop in.
I would like it to be very bright and run at least 1 hour without dimming.

Another question, I am now seeing drop in's with different modes, such as 4 more or 5 mode from some of the China company's.
Are these any good?

I am asking these questions because I have bought some in the past and they were not worth using.

Any help for a great drop in would be appreciated:)

gearbox

Newly Enlightened
Any drop ins for a streamlight TLR1?
No, but it [alledgedly] requires only opening the head, desoldering the Luxeon star, prying/cutting apart the thermal epoxy between the star and board/heatsink, applying new thermal epoxy between the board/heatsink and the new Cree or SSC star, resoldering the appropriate leads, and reattaching the head. It's really only costs time and the price of epoxy, solder and an emitter.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Havent got around to buy a drop in led yet. Are there any new ones out yet? Im looking for the brightest led drop in for my SF 9P. I dont want a tiny spot beam, something like the original )p incan beam (P90 bulb).
Are wolf eye still the best? Or should I wait untill some new super drop in comes out?

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Havent got around to buy a drop in led yet. Are there any new ones out yet? Im looking for the brightest led drop in for my SF 9P. I dont want a tiny spot beam, something like the original )p incan beam (P90 bulb).
Are wolf eye still the best? Or should I wait untill some new super drop in comes out?

The Malkoff mentioned is only for the P60, not the P90. I do not believe he has a p90 drop in (yet).

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Hey Gene,

Do you have any plans to make a 12v version (for 3 RCR's or 4 primaries)?

Would the initial (short duration) voltage high in 3x freshly charged Li-Ions damage the current unit? (On second thought, nevermind this part.....I guess at over 12.5v initial and continued voltage of 10.5v+ that's an awfully silly question.)

Thanks!

Wolfhound 9K

Newly Enlightened
FlashSpyJ
I have the BUG module in this link, http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/prcrdrmo.html in my SF C3 with Li-Ion rechargable works great. I use mine at work often, I am a LEO and it works very well for me. I'm also getting a WE 170 drop-in to use in my DX2.

I own the "premium plus" module and will attest to the fact that it is a very decent quality piece of work! in my SF C2, it doesn't rattle around and because it has an extra deep reflector, it is very very hot at the center :cool: