Cree or Seoul for Surefire 951?

Ironhog81

Newly Enlightened
I have tried a couple of different ones but they do not work in this light.
Even the Wolf eyes from PTS.
What am I missing here?
The modules work in other light so I know they function.
Thanks

Size15's

Flashaholic
I assume you mean "M951" rather than "951". I just spent a few minutes trying to find out what a 951 was... 950 is a classic universal WeaponLight and use of the "1" at the end of a classic WeaponLight model number usually indicates the tape switch is intended for attaching to the pistol grip rather than forend handguards. That's not how the 950 series work and there isn't a model 951.

But, M951 makes more sense, although M95 is a better shorthand since the "1" only indicates the mount is dual thumbscrews rather than swan throw lever.

Anyway, if the question is asked:
"Why don't any of the aftermarket LED dropins I've tried, function in my M95 WeaponLight?"

Could the shock isolated bezel be to blame here?
Perhaps the aftermarket LED dropins do not have strong [and or long] enough spring contacts?

If you have a 6P or G2 bezel try putting them on the WeaponLight and seeing if that makes a difference. You could also try putting the WeaponLight's bezel (aka "M2" bezel) on a 6P or G2 etc to see whether the aftermarket dropin works in that combination. If it does, perhaps the WeaponLight's TailCap switch spring contact is to 'blame' and it needs to be modified (stretched) to work with the aftermarket dropin.

Does your M95's Lamp Module adapter collar have a black plastic widget inside?
This is a LU60 Lamp Module adapter collar:
al-lu60a.jpg
al-lu60b.jpg

al-lu60c.jpg

The black plastic widget is used to ensure correct contact of the SureFire Lamp Assembly during heavy and abusive use - SureFire started including this widget following feedback gathered from users of the M95 in theatre.
The widget may need to be removed in order for aftermarket dropins to function.

Al

Last edited:

dryhten

Newly Enlightened
The after market Cree lamps won't work in Surefire weapons grade lights because the lamp is too wide. Compare the diameter of the Cree with a P60 lamp.

The weapons grade light has the self between the battery and the lamp. The profile of the body is narrower above the shelf on a weapons grade light than on a 6P or other none weapon light.

The lamp sits too high in the body and the bezel cannot screw down all the way.