Fenix P1

g8trwood

Newly Enlightened
Well I just received a Fenix P1 that I bought for my wife to keep in her purse. I'm not so sure she will get it now! It is brighter than my Streamlight TLR1 and on one battery. Too bad the head won't fit on the streamlight.

Only on and off, but that is what I prefer in a light. Great product.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted a P1 too...unfortunately I bought a P1-CE:ohgeez:
I doubt I can go back to something that has 1/2 the output:whistle:
+

Buy a used P1, and swap in a Seoul P4. (Remember to raise the emitter and cut the reflector by 0.030")

Smokin' bright, ringless beam with the awesome regulation that made Fenix a standout in the LED flashlight market.

evanlocc

Enlightened
Don worry the P1 stock LS 3W is bright enough for out door personnel lighting but will be too bright for in door. And it still my EDC.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2082239&postcount=9

I have mine test run on a Rechargeable 16340, it stand up to 50 minutes++ then start dimming. The brightness start going down after 50 minutes from my eye. So i stop the test to not let the Rechargeable battery overload.

g8trwood

Newly Enlightened
I guess I should have said I got the P1CE and not just the P1.:twothumbs

luminata

Enlightened
I lost my old 3w P1 with a RCR123 in it last week:mecry:. I carried that little sucker with me every day for a year in my 5th pocket and now it's gone. I have searched everywhere laundry baskett , under the bed etc... even the girl friends purse ( I know trust issues but its a flashlight man)

Mad1

Enlightened
I guess I should have said I got the P1CE and not just the P1.:twothumbs

It wont end there either. :laughing:

I love my Fenix P1 which is my current EDC since I lost my L1.

When my L1 gets replaced, my P1 will probably be donated to my dad.

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
still have my P1 in natural finish... i edc a L1P, P1 and the newly acquired P3D in my maxpedition daily pack (use it as my lunch/multi-use bag for work).... been using the P3D a great deal more due to it's multi function features... i had a L2T but it has gone MIA... could not locate it anywhere... i need to find it to recharge them duracell nimh and plus use that as my reading light... bedside lamp too bright sometimes...

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered 2, one for me and one for my Brother. I too chose the single level light. I got the latest Cree version (90 lumens). I probably will carry it on a neck lanyard.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
So now you tell us!! I have both and although the CE is brighter, my Lux version has a much smoother, ringless beam.

They addressed that issue with the Q2 version by adding a MOP (medium orange peel) textured reflector.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix Store now offers a mod service to replace the LED in your P1 with a Q5 bin LED. Unfortunately, it costs as much as buying a second P1CE, so you'd probably be better served with two P1's than a mod'ed version ;)

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Buy a used P1, and swap in a Seoul P4. (Remember to raise the emitter and cut the reflector by 0.030")

Smokin' bright, ringless beam with the awesome regulation that made Fenix a standout in the LED flashlight market.
I put in a Seoul P4, then put a piece of 3M "Magic" matte finish tape over the lens. Makes a super flood light. Only lose about 10% of the total light through the tape.

c_c

Illum

Flashaholic
+

sometimes more brightness is not the intention