Use of Turbo head on SureFire M2 Mil?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if there is a way to use a Turbo head on a SureFire M2 with a higher output lamp assembly without attempting to add another cell, or is there a part # that I am missing?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The TurboHead that fits on the M2 is the KT1-HA.
The KT1-HA has the N1 Lamp Assembly (65Lu/60min)
The KT1-HA is NOT shock isolated.

There is no High Output Lamp Assembly (HOLA) for the two cell TurboHead models. There never will be.

I am sorry to be so blunt but there it is.

The M3T is the way to go in my opinion.

Al

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The M3T is the way to go in my opinion.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

nah...if you're going to spring for an M3T, save up a bit more and get an M6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif to me a flashlight is as large as its widest point, so the increase girth of the M6's body is of no consequence (to me at least) and the increase in brightness would be well worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

can you tell the M6 is next on my wish-list? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a place and application for every SF.

I do know M3T is one of the finest SF lights I have, the only thing I don't like, is the beam shape....

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
The turbo head would only be for occasional use, so I wish it were as easy as trading up my M2 for an M3 and buying a separate Turbo head for it so I still have options.

I feel I would rather get the M3 and add the turbo head later rather than get the M3T b/c I know I would have instances where I would need the "skinny" head. Also, I have the P61 lamp in my M2 rather than the P60 for the sheer light output. The M3 could effectively replace the M2 since I only need the turbo head occasionally and would get better run time from it on the M3.

By this point, I'm sure I will have spent the same scratch as if I were to just buy an M6 though and I would not be tempted to carry it as well and I would hopefully be satisfied and concentrate more on my EDC since the M2/M3/M6 are for emergency/backup situations almost exclusively.

Thank you! I will keep an eye out for more advice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Knife11

Newly Enlightened
Not sure but I would think that it's cheaper to buy the M3T and then get the normal bezel as a replacement part. Just a thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Tombeis

Enlightened
www.sableco.net

Surefire M3 $176.00
Turbohead KT4HA 103.00
________
Total 279.00

Surefire M3T $211.00
Z46 M3 Bezel 35.00
_________
Total $246.00

More then enough left over for a Z48 click switch at $27.00 each.