Hurricane

Mad1

Enlightened
Yay we just got hit by a hurricane. :twothumbs

Some of the american members of this forum will think "whats the big deal?"

But in the UK they are very rare.

We were outside doing some work in our front garden and there was lots of clouds and it was thundering but no rain.

Then all of a sudden I felt a droplet of rain on my hand and said "it's going to rain"

Next thing we know it's pouring down faster and heavyer than i've ever seen.

So we rush inside and discover there is water leaking in through the front door.

A call to the insurance company confirms that there was just a hurricane in our area.

Just though i'd share that with you. :)

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
The weather is going crazy...It was very hot here today, the temperature records were broken in many cities in whole Slovakia (and in many other EU countries) - we had 32°C in our town (we are 600m above sea level). Other cities had over 35°C and the forecast says it will get hotter :sweat:.

bitslammer

Enlightened
Yay we just got hit by a hurricane. :twothumbs

Some of the american members of this forum will think "whats the big deal?"

But in the UK they are very rare.

We were outside doing some work in our front garden and there was lots of clouds and it was thundering but no rain.

Then all of a sudden I felt a droplet of rain on my hand and said "it's going to rain"

Next thing we know it's pouring down faster and heavyer than i've ever seen.

So we rush inside and discover there is water leaking in through the front door.

A call to the insurance company confirms that there was just a hurricane in our area.

Just though i'd share that with you. :)

I think you mean a tornado. Hurricanes are huge. They cover entire counties or portions of states. I don't think the waters off the UK are warm enough to support a hurricane and let's hope it stays that way.