How my light helped keep me from trouble!

trouble

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I discovered modified lights thanks to this forum about a year ago, before that I'd always been a SF owner but always stock. recently I put together a very bright light consisting of a SF TH on a Leef 2x18650 body with a SF MN21 LA, this light is very bright and comes in handy on late night dog walks. This brings me to my story, just the other night about 0100 hrs. myself and my girlfriend took my Staffordshire Terrier for his last walk of the day, we live in a less than geat area so I'm laways on my guard but up until this incident we'd never had any issues. We were approached by a obvioulsy drugged/intoxicated male, he walked up and asked me about the dog at which point I told him to bugger off, we want nothing to do with you. He went into a rant stating that he was a "Fed" and he was crazy:rolleyes: Having been in law enforcement most of my life this was typical behavior that I'd seen for years. I handed my dogs leash to my girlfriend and instructed her to get upstairs immediately while I kept this guy at bay. I stepped between and my now retreating GF and dog and ordered him away again and stepped towards him, he backed off about 8-9 feet and proclaimed that he had a gun and stuck his hand down the front of his shorts! I always carry and had a 357 snubby with me this evening which I immediately pulled and held along my leg out of his sight, meanwhile my drunken antagonist was struggling to stay vertical while trying to fish his weapon from his pants. I saw my chance to get out of this rapidly escalating situation, I brought my light up and lit this fellow up. The area is lit but dimly so he was night adapted, as the light hit his eyes he snapped his head away and actually fell over from the bright beam! As I didn't want him to see where we lived I waited until he couldn't see to head up the stairs.I then beat a hasty retreat and called the police, after they arrived and questioned this putz, they told me he was "mental" and tested positive for HIV, there was no weapon on him. I truly feel that my lights ability to blind and disorient this yutz saved both of us in the end, bright lights are money well spent!:twothumbs

Last edited:

EV_007

Enlightened
Appropriate response taken. Love the head snapping back part as the full force of photons hit is intoxicated, night adapted eyes. Glad no one got hurt.

DM51

Flashaholic
Great story, well done. Lol, I bet you felt a bit of recoil from that MN21 just as its beam knocked the guy flat.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Nice real-world experience illustrating the usefulness of a bright light.

:sssh:

customh

Newly Enlightened
Send 'er over to the surefire true stories thing. If I was them I'd post it, very good advertising, and makes me want a fenix, or some decently bright light even more as my minimag with tle-5ex doesn't blind me enough to feel safe enough that it would protect me from an assailant.

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened
That sounds like a very dangerous situation you had there, glad everything turned out ok. Thanks for the story

Burgess

Flashaholic
Guess he was looking for "trouble", and he found it ! :)

Glad to hear the story had a happy ending. :twothumbs

Yep, oughta' send this one to SureFire.

trouble

Newly Enlightened
good thing you didn't have to discharge your weapon, things would've gotten more complicated:thumbsup:

talk about being through:ohgeez:
tested to be mentally ill, HIV....no tests for booze?
The police were familiar with this guy, I guess this is kind of his hobby, messing with people claiming to have a weapon then laughing when they run off. It's beyond me! The police here are less than thorough and apparently didn't want to deal with this guy over such a "small" thing, drunk or not, they just told him to stay in his apt :scowl: I'm really glad that I did light him up instead of letting this go any further, I'd have been locked up for defending myself for sure.My light isn't a stock SF so I doubt that they's use it, but it proves what their ads say!

Last edited:

Beer

Enlightened
I wish I was Chuck Norris though, all I would need to do is to stare at the guy and he would have his neck snapped at least 25 degrees.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:crackup::crackup::crackup: