INOVA KEY CHAIN LED

FASTCAR

Banned
Was just at my local Pep-Boys ( car parts).
With my shop discount they had Inova small key chain ( photon) lights $1
Not bad quality at all has high/low strobe.

I am quite shocked how bright this little sucker is.Hope the cheepies I got are like this.No way its a normal crappy 5mil LED this much be one of those CS.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
FC,

you're right the 2x bright 5mm which have been use for 1+ yrs now are significantly brighter to the eye (Petzl has been using them in some of their headlamps for over a yr now, as have Photon Freedom Microlights).

they really are quite impressive on HI o.p. with FRESH batts, IMO. it surprises me just a bit when i light one up. no. they're not that bright. it's just that for their size and weight, it's a bit surprising - that's all i mean.

however, for Li coin cell powered lights, expect 30min of brightness (on HI o.p. mode) and by then it will already have DROPPED OFF MARKEDLY, e.g, the Petzl e+Lite which boasts three of them brand spankin' new 5mm white LEDs and 2xCR2032 (yes, that's right, not the wimpier 2xCR2016's found in most 1x5mm white LED microlights) will go, in one published test, from ~300lux at TWO feet to ~75lux at two feet after just 30 measly minutes! [why two feet was picked???]. LO o.p. mode will meet up with HI at about 3.5h in that same published test at ~35lux or so.

i've got a ton of little microlights of several types/body colors/LED colors/flavors/etc. (i call 'em "baby's first LED light"). But for just a very little more weight (a fraction of an ounce), a Fenix L0D-CE is a real lighting device with orders of magnitude more burn time.

enjoy your new microlight. please don't take my words as knockin' your new light. i still own a bunch of 'em and find a use for them every now and again.

at this point in time, i find that they're especially great to give to friends and kids at church and also neighborhood kids who have never been exposed to anything but the small incandescent MiniMagLites and MagLite Solitaires. that's my main use for them now. i guess i might be considered by some as parents as sort of a "candy man", getting young kids addicted to implements of illumination while they're still at a young impressionable age. hope my pic doesn't start showing up on telephone poles!!! i guess there could be worse things a kid could be addicted to!

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My apologies to you, GL, and others.

i'm lazy & use too many abbrev. & not enough caps when i type a post.

you're right, it's NOT "orange peel" (hence the "dots"/periods to distinguish to the astute oberserver, like yourself).

o.p. & i.p. are sort of standard, IME, in electronics.

o.p. = output

i.p. = input

VDC = volts DC

DC = ah..., you already know what this one means, just funnin' w/ya (hope you don't mind)

IME = in my experience

IMO = in my opinion

IMHO = in my humble opinion (which i don't use much anymore, unless i forget, since, in all likelihood, a truly humble person wouldn't even recognize that they are humble and so identify their opinion as humble - 'ok', too philosophical - sorry)

IIRC = if i recall correctly

BTW = by the way

TTFN = "ta ta for now" as Pooh's pal Tigger used to say

w/ = with
w/o = without
th/f = therefore
b/c = "b-cuz"
b/f = "b-4"

some std. (standard) Latin abbrev.
=============================================================================
e.g. = exempli gratia = example/sample/specimen/representative ["for example" is often given as its meaning]
i.e. = id est = it is (lit. it to be/exists) ["that is" is often given as its meaning in English writing]
viz. = videlicet = one may see/clearly/evidently [sometimes given the meaning, "that is" or "namely" in Eng.]

my "old-timers" is actin' up, so i'm forgettin' some other common ones that i use.

TTFN,
half-watt

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. Output is only one word, why the periods? I guess OP would be confusing, since online it tends to mean 'original post (or poster)'

What does IME stand for now? Is it input method editor? I have no idea what that is.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
IME = in my experience

in the future, i'll make a valiant effort to slow down and type complete words, but i can't make promises (habits are hard to break).

FASTCAR

Banned
Yea this little sucker is impressive for a buck.

I got 250 of the cheepies for a donation+50 extra that I will hand out.Prolly' give 1-2 to each family member, workers here and such.
Might even get 200-500 more for next hallowween for the kiddies ..rather then candy.

A rechargeable setup would be sweet.Say 1 CS diode and some kind of base charger like streamlights have.This way it can be topped off daily.
Hell I would buy that for sure...if less then 25 or so.

I have seen little RC and matchbox size cars with a tiny recharge base..and the cars are really small...Why not a photon type light.

Last edited: