original Cutter XR-E offering

filter_ie

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I purchased some Cree XR-E LEDs from Cutter when they were originally offered back in October. Can anyone remind me what bin (and tint) they were? I contacted Cutter and asked them this but got no reply.
I'm in an MTB club and we wanted to build a cheap alternative to the expensive commercial lights available on the market. With the help of some mechanically minded club members, the XR-Es were used in a helmet-mounted bike light that worked out quite nicely (hopefully I'll stick up some pictures once it's totally complete). Now, in preparation for the coming Winter, we want to build a few sets of lights that will be available for use by any club member who wants them, free of charge.
Seeing as the Q4 and Q5 bins are available (both WH tint I think), I reckon we may as well stump up the extra cash and go for one of them but I want to figure out how much more light we can actually expect. Also, the increased efficiency should result in a decreased amount of generated heat

wintermute

Enlightened
Seeing as the Q4 and Q5 bins are available (both WH tint I think), I reckon we may as well stump up the extra cash and go for one of them but I want to figure out how much more light we can actually expect. Also, the increased efficiency should result in a decreased amount of generated heat

Q4 bin are WH
Q5 bin are WG