What lubrication for tailcap clicky switch (plastic)

IdahoDoug

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Kaidomain AA Cree single mode for $15 and the tailcap switch is giving me fits (see "review" thread here on LED). It's getting worse, not better so I pulled the rubber switch cover off as I saw no other way to get into the switch. Now what I can see is a white plastic rod that enters the white plastic switch body (switch pistons in and out for on/off). There appears no way to go further into the switch without risk of breaking it as the switch body is pressed tightly into the tailcap body.

So... Thought I'd put a bit of lube down the plastic rod in hopes it will lubricate the mechanism inside that is binding. It won't shut off the light frequently, so something's amiss inside and I can feel it binding when I press the switch.

So, what should I put in there? I've got a plethora of lubes at home. Silicone spray, WD40, various motor and gear oils, O ring grease, electrolytic grease (conducts electricity) but I think only a thinner oil is going to get down there. I have no way to get a thicker grease down through that gap.

What say ye??

DougM