I need a edc light from a B&M seattle

TheyAte

Newly Enlightened
I need to buy a light to use until I can replace my lost fenix 1aa(L1p?). Close brick and mortar stores are Frys, lowes HD Wallmart and the rest around Burien/Renton/Kent. I hope to keep it as far under $30 as possible. I could go 1 or 2 AA size.

That fenix worked great. It's just that I need something soon.

Thank you.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy TheyAte, and welcome to CPF,
Well, after looking on-line a bit, I've come to the conclusion that your best bet is to get something that will be useful for you after you are able to replace your Fenix light, and for the money (about $25), I feel your best bet would be a Mini Mag LED 2AA light, available at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=244295-76859-IP2209H&lpage=none

It's got a 3 watt LED, can go from a semi-spot to a floody beam, gets about 3 1/2 hours on a set of batteries, and it's a proven, rugged platform that will last for years to come.

If you had some time, and could order on-line, I think you could get a nice, bright Jetbeam C-LE for that price (which is my EDC), but in your situation, seems to me the Mini Mag will at least give you a reliable light, that fitted with 2 Energizer e2 lithium batteries will serve well as an excellent emergency or glove box light after you are in a position to replace it with a new Fenix light.

Hopefully, some folks more acquainted with the actual inventory of those local stores might chime in with better options. Happy hunting!

TheyAte

Newly Enlightened
I had a problem with a 3w 3aa mini maglight. Good light output, but after a while the twist on switch had contact problems. I do a lot of on off cycles. I should have got a 2AA.
The Jetbeam C-LE for $25 looks alot better. May just buy online and skip the B&M.

Vancouver, BC no, I don't get to go anywhere good.

thx

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Target has the RiverRock 1AA that is about 40 lumens for $22.00. It's even about the same size as the L1P. Was my first LED EDC, and I liked it a lot....That is till I got my hands on my Fenix lights.
thumbsup.gif
Looks like there are several Targets in the Seattle area. They have one of the best(if not the best) selections of lights for a local store.

84217926yo7.jpg

Last edited:

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
I need to buy a light to use until I can replace my lost fenix 1aa(L1p?). Close brick and mortar stores are Frys, lowes HD Wallmart and the rest around Burien/Renton/Kent. I hope to keep it as far under $30 as possible. I could go 1 or 2 AA size.

Thank you.

Home Depot has the $6.97 "12 LEDS WORK LIGHT", 3AAA. I kid you not - all flood, but completely lights up a room. If you don't need more than 20-30 ft of throw, pick one up. Worst case, give it to the kids, leave it in a desk drawer or jacket pocket.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
+1 for the River Rock 1AA 1W at Target. It's about the closest you'll come to an L1P from a brick & mortar store. It comes with a pocket clip instead of a holster and the single lanyard hole will still allow tail-standing since the lanyard is thin. Mine's been great!

WTH

Newly Enlightened
Home Depot has the $6.97 "12 LEDS WORK LIGHT", 3AAA. I kid you not - all flood, but completely lights up a room. If you don't need more than 20-30 ft of throw, pick one up. Worst case, give it to the kids, leave it in a desk drawer or jacket pocket.

Fyi, if you're talking about the husky brand, I wouldn't recommend it. I bought one, and it had contact problems from the very beginning. After about 10 uses, I couldn't get it to turn on at all.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to look at the MiniMag LED. Some of the Wal*Mart stores have those on clearance at various reduced prices. Tis the season for merchandise resets, so you might want to check Fry's, Wal*Mart, and Target for clearance items as well.

Thank you.

burtonmotox

Newly Enlightened
If you could make it over to REI, you could find the gerber infinity ultra, firecracker, or tempo, or the whole line of them, starting at 10 bucks for the tempo. A lot of people on here still swear by the infinity ultra and at 20 bucks its not a bad deal. They also carry the inovas, which are nice lights, for roughly the same price you would find at target. Then there are the princeton tec lights and photon lights too.